• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

through hull on keel E27

marto

Member I
New owner of a e27, the boat have a through hull at the bottom of the keel on the aft bilge. now open to drain the water with the boat on the hard.
is that comun on e27.
havent had time to reach down, is the valve that close it down at the bottom of the keel?
what check should I perform to ensure everithing is ok before I splash it/
thanks very much.
M

TRMN8R

Member II
I don't have a thru hull on the bottom of the keel itself. Just make sure that the valve is in the CLOSED position before splashing. Once it's splashed, check to make sure that the valve isn't leaking FIRST. Hope this helps!

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
None on mine

No "drain" on mine. Sounds like a PO modification. Only other thing I can think that might be down there is a transducer (abandoned?) for depth guage.

As you use this site, you will find out that pictures are key.

TRMN8R

Member II
No "drain" on mine. Sounds like a PO modification. Only other thing I can think that might be down there is a transducer (abandoned?) for depth guage.

As you use this site, you will find out that pictures are key.

Interesting that you mentioned that Todd, since that's the only thing that's 'mounted' on the upper part of the keel on my 27.

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Interesting that you mentioned that Todd, since that's the only thing that's 'mounted' on the upper part of the keel on my 27.

Yeah, my speed transducer is mounted on the top "shelf" of my bildge and the PO had placed a depth transducer just sitting on the bottom of the bildge (not a thru hull type) Not sure if it works that way since everything I read says it should be permenantly affixed to the hull? There was no guage included with the sell, but on my to do list to add one.

Thats what made me think of it.

Last edited: