• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Piece of rubrail needed

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
Hi all,

I'm looking for an 8' piece of rubrail for my 38-200. I understand that the rubrail is the same for most 80s Ericsons. So if you have a lenght of the original rubrail sitting around or are planning to replace your entire rubrail with something new and would be willing to part with your old one please let me know.

I bought my Ericson a year ago with a 8' piece of rubrail missing. It came off when the previous owner moved the boat from San Diego to Moss Landing. Must have hit something at sea, so he says. Now I'm trying to replace the 8' piece. I hope that I can find something. Otherwise I would need to replace both sides with something new....

Thanks!
Peter

dwigle

Member III
Is this the 2 piece plastic with rubber insert, about 2 inches top to bottom? I have some replacement left over, but it's a little different from the original. My original was gray fairly rigid plastic with a white insert, this is all fairly flexible and white. I'll have to check to see how much I have left over.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8
Pt. Richmond, CA

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
Thanks for your replies Don and Glyn!

I'm looking for the solid aluminum rubrail (no insert). I'll try to post a picture soon.

And yes I know that there are alternatives. I just don't want to have two different kinds of rubrail on the same side. That's why I'm looking for a piece of the original. If I don't find it I will replace the whole thing with something new once I have the $$$ for that ;-)

Thanks!
Peter

kevin81

Member II
Peter,
Does your rail look like this? This is from a 1989 E34. I need about 9 ft. to replace a section on the port side.

Kevin
1989 E34

Attachments

• Rubrail-1.JPG
    Rubrail-1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 63

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
Yes, that's exactly the one I have. So far nobody has stepped forward and offered a piece. So good luck :)
Peter