• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Someone lost an oar ...

Sven

Seglare
... so they took one of ours :esad:

Little did they realize it was the one that got banged up and was a real bear to adjust because it was no longer round :egrin:

Oh well. For 1/10th of a second we considered the possibility that it came loose on its own and just blew away during the night, but that is simply not credible. At least all we lost was an oar.

Otherwise a great weekend !

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Dave,

It was lost Saturday night while we were moored in Cherry Cove on Catalina.

Now we'll find out if we can buy a replacement or if that is why someone nicked it.

-Sven

Sam Vickery

Member III
Sven,

Sorry to hear about you "losing" your oar. The pictures of the dolphins are super. My son and I were out a few weeks ago and had the good fortune to see a simular sight. They are simply amazing. We shot a few stills, but nothing compared to the motion you captured. What camera were you using?

Sam
1986 32-3

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
That sucks.

What type or oar did you have. I have a extra one for Achilles inflatable. It has a slight repair. The oar locks partly secured with a plastic zip tie. You are welcome to it. Stop by Kelly's Marine, they usually have a few miss matched oars in the back.

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

That sucks.

What type or oar did you have. I have a extra one for Achilles inflatable. It has a slight repair. The oar locks partly secured with a plastic zip tie. You are welcome to it. Stop by Kelly's Marine, they usually have a few miss matched oars in the back.

Thanks for the offer. It's a WM Zodiac, the 260 I think. We did place an order for a replacement which I hope will be in stock before TG. The oar is listed as a "popular item, out of stock" which might explain why someone would "order" ours :cool:

Your offer is appreciated but I think we'll be ok.

-Sven