• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Electrical Panel Lights

C Masone

Perfect Storm
I am re-wiring my electrical panel, I have a few indicator lamps that are broken and would like to replace them. 1987 32-3.

Anyone know a scource to get exact replacements or a complete set of new indicator lamps?

C Masone

Perfect Storm
That thread was very helpful however I chose to use led indicator lamps I bought from my local Radio Shack for 1.99 ea, they are a perfect fit.

I took pictures this morning and cant get them out of my Droid for some reason.

The panel is wired and will be installed back into the boat soon, today maybe, I will try and get pics for you.

C Masone

Perfect Storm
Attached is the picture of the led that my phone would not upload the other day and a picture of my almost complete panel rewire job. I never took a before pic but it was as bad as you think and then some. I removed yards of old wire (extension cord, lamp cord ect) that the previous owner installed, I think he was looking for an insurance claim.

I have a 10ga. pink wire that was not connected and is not in the wiring diagram, not sure where it goes, anyone? And the stereo that came with the boat is now removed along with the lamp cord that it was hooked up with. It was installed at the navigation table, but there is a 10ga blue and white wire that is supposed to be the stereo wire, it goes foward, across the vee berth, then aft on the sarboard side and I don't know where (the zippers are stuck on that side) anyone know where that ends?

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 104
  • Boat Panel.jpg
    Boat Panel.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 217

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
A pink wire should be the cabin lights, though in my info it is shown as #14.

Blue/white is the stereo and if it is the same as in the owner's manual on this site it is starboard mid-ship over the middle of the settee (page 48).

C Masone

Perfect Storm
Thanks Tom, I never looked there before, I always read the paper version that came with the boat, barely readable. I have a 14ga wire for the cabin lights, this wire was disconected.

tadslc

Member III
Wow, great looking work!

Makes my rat's nest of wiring on my 32-3 look pretty pitiful.

Where did you mount the battery switch?

More photo's would be great!

Thanks,

C Masone

Perfect Storm
Thaks Tad

The battery switch is not on the panel on all boats, so its down below the quarter berth where it always was, rewired that last year. I have probably re-worked 70% of the terminals in the boat at this point gotta re-do the engine panel next.

One big improvement is that all of the grounds are no longer wired to the panel, but to a buss bar inthe upper left side of the electrical compartment.

I'm not quite done yet but I will put up more pics. Once I screw the panel on no one will see it may have to put a pic on the bulkhead so I can show people who come on the boat, most won't get it.