• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"U" on Anchor roller

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Had an email request from another owner about the S/S "U" I had welded onto my anchor roller on my E-32 III (1987) a while back. So I thought I'd post it here for all to see. This set up works quite well for me when flying our a sail. I use to use an ATN "Tacker" (I think it's called) around my furled head sail but thought that there was just too much strain on it sometimes keeping the tack of the sail down.

The down haul line runs though a block attached to the welded "U" on the roller. Makes the anchor roller into a sort of short bow sprit. So far it's worked quite well for me.

BTW - The "quick clip" holding the snap shackle to the "U" is rusting and will be replaced. I didn't notice it till I took these photos! :jawsdown:

Attachments

• U.JPG
    U.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 88
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 84

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Why not just attach the snap shackle on that snatch block directly to the "U" and eliminate the quick-link? The snatch block seems pretty elaborate for that application; is it really necessary?

Last edited:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Why not just attach the snap shackle on that snatch block directly to the "U" and eliminate the quick-link? The snatch block seems pretty elaborate for that application; is it really necessary?

Because there isn't much room between the "U" and the anchor. The shape and size of the snap shackle end of the snatch block didn't allow enough room for it to move freely enough for me and it helps to get the block out and away from the boat a little.