• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Custom V Berth Mattress

IslandTime29

Member II
Anyone have any good contacts for a comfortable V Berth mattress maker? I have a '76 E29 that I'm just getting tired of the old foam cushions in! Thanks in advance.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
We added a 2" memory foam mattress pad on our E29 V berth and it is very comfortable. It takes a king size to fit and then cut to the shape of the V berth.
That with an electric blanket for cold winter nights, Airconditioning for summer and we are set for total comfort.

IslandTime29

Member II
Went the memory foam mattress topper route. Cutting it out tonight. Should make a world of difference! I had taken out the door between the head and v berth this past weekend, and then installed an insert in the v berth, to make it a little more comfortable.

Thank you both for the help and idea's!

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
My V berth door is in the basement, beautiful wood but I haven't figured out what to do with it. If I want Privacy in the V berth I open the head door. When at BYC for a week for the Dauphin Island race and five living onboard we hung my girlfriends swim suit over wrap as a curtain at the front of the salon and a sheet even with the back of the port settee to create three private areas.
I had made additional bulkhead brackets and installed additional short legs on the table so it will let down and make almost a double bed that sleeps across the boat. Seat back cushions fit together to perfectly fill the table. When I make the new mahogany table top I will post pictures.

simdim

Member II
Randy,
Could you post the picture on how you had modified your existing table. My two boys are outgrowing the boat and I am looking for the ways to add more sleeping room on strb side.

Cheers,

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Simon

I will take pictures next weekend and post them. I will not be spending time at the boat this weekend.

Last edited: