• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rubrail painting this weekend

Sven

Seglare
In addition to swapping out the four AGM T27s this weekend we're also hoping to paint the rubrail. We picked up some of the recommended "Aquagard Flexbar PVC and Infatible" paint: http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=52254&BASE

I know that if properly applied the paint will chemically bond with the rubrail and seal it for many years - no more streaking !!

I'm wondering if there are any cautions or tricks I should be aware of before we dive in ? Right now I'm planning to lightly sand the rubrail, then tape it off and wipe it down with acetone. After that prep we'd brush apply the paint. Anything else ?

Thanks,

-Sven

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sven, I would rely on the manufacturer of the paint for that info. They should be able to tell you exactly how to prep, apply and maintain this finish.

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
alternative rubrail paint

Sven
I painted my rub rails with 2 part urethane automotive paint (endura) a few years ago and it hasn't come off at all - even where the ropes rub on it.
Shamwari
e-39

Sven

Seglare
Yes, following the mfg.'s instructions is probably a very good start :egrin:

I painted my rub rails with 2 part urethane automotive paint (endura) a few years ago and it hasn't come off at all - even where the ropes rub on it.

I think you may have made one of the posts that made me look into the possibility in the first place and then someone on some forum pointed out the buoy paint. Now I just hope we're as successful :)

Thanks,

-Sven