• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-2 Keel

manolle

Are all Erickson keels bolted on? I was under the impression that mine was made in 2 haves and with the keel molded in. Am I wrong? I have a 76 E35 mk2. When I had it out of the water last year I could not find a seam between the Keel and hall.email me please michaelnolley@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
As you've noticed your model has internal ballast. The joining of the hull halves was intended to be near-invisible when complete. AFAIK most if not all boat builders using internal ballast would drop in the pre-cast ballast when the hull was finished, and before the deck was put on.
As the company moved into newer designs in the 80's they increasingly went with external ballast keels in all models.
Starting in the 60's, to the later Ericson models in the early 90's, there was a regular evolution of hull form, rigs, and underwater fin shapes as: 1) manufacturing technology, 2) the market, and 3) advancements in design all changed and moved onward.

LB

ps: Good Keel thread:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=3943

Last edited:

manolle

No keel bolts

So that would explain why i can find No keel bolts. thanks

Last edited:

manolle

Gulf

I have taken it across the Gulf twice And getting her ready for a Rio Dulce trip. If I would hav known that where I sail was so shallow I would hav walkd across.

manolle

Belize

For a short time. We will be there for a week or so. I need to add some pics of my E35. I have added a radar arch with radar on one side wind generator on the other and solar in the middle. a beautiful butterfly hatch that dose not leak and a [FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA]bow pulpit. Also a boom crutch. And 2 sets of belaying pins 4 pins each between the lower shroud rigging

Mike

[/FONT]

Rhynie

Member III
Mike,
Have you been into Belize before? If not I'll be glad to give you some contacts. I would imagine you will make landfall at San Pedro, watch the patch reef that will be dead in front of you as you enter through the reef, a hard right required!

True story, last time we made landfall there the customs office only had one blank form and their solution was that one of us could stay and the other four would have to go back to sea. Welocome to third world thinking!

I grew up there and will be glad to correspond with you off-list if I can be off any help. There is a Belize forum that you may want to join, actually a couple of them, one fellow just returned to Bze from Rio Dulce.

manolle

Belize

I will keep in contact with you. I have never been there before. I have vjsited most of the forums but will revisit them all. I am now trying to figure out the best way to go. across the gulf down to the Tortuga s and over or head straight out from Txand fight the current.

Mike

Attachments

• PIC-0011.jpg
    PIC-0011.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 86
  • PIC-0001.jpg
    PIC-0001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 086.jpg
    Picture 086.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Rhynie

Member III
There are two forums, lots of lively chat and good info sources on them; let me know, and I'll find the sign on stuff for you if you want.
belize@lists.belizeculture.com
and
'Belize Culture'

They would be a good source of local info. The fellow who just was in Rio Dulce has a dau who lives in Houston and that family has a lodge/B&B on Caye Caulker, might be a good spot to lay over.

Coming out of Texas, you should not have too much current until you round the tip of the Yucatan, forget the name of that lighthouse.

There is a webpage that has tons of info also:
ambergriscaye.com

Stay in touch

Rick

Member I
Hi Mike
I have my boat in Isla Mujeres,Mexico. I have taken my boat many times to the end of Yucatan. If you keep a one mile distance from shore line , you will get counter-current [going south]. Coming from Gulf of Mexico the first light house on a tip of Yucatan is located on Isla Contoy.Keep island to your starboard side an go to Isla Mujeres - many nice marinas or good anchorage. Rauscher''s guide is a ''must'',new edition have a way points.

Rhynie

Member III
Rick, hope she is secured well. These are the current conditions at a data buoy about 75 miles East of Isla.

Station 42056
NDBC
Conditions as of:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 02:50:00 UTC

Winds: N (350°) at 52.4 kt gusting to 64.1 kt
Significant Wave Height: 21.0 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 10 sec
Mean Wave Direction: E (82°)
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.34 in and falling rapidly
Air Temperature: 76.8 F

Rick

Member I
Brian
Thank you for concern.She is in a lagoon at Marina Del Sol .Very good hurricane hole. I hope she gone by OK

Rhynie

Member III
Mike,
Kinda, the Navy projected track is for landfall right at the Alabama/Florida line. If that holds, we should be fine, maybe some rain and water pushed into the lake. We have had East winds for a couple days now, so the lake is about a foot above normal, so we will be starting with an already elevated water level.

She is regenerating pretty rapidly and the lower parishes will probably be evacuated, but we should be fine on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain.