• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Halyard organizer plate

rnrlynn

Has anyone put an organizer plate under the mast for lines led aft? We have an E27 and are wondering if the plate can easily be put under the mast? If the mast has to be stepped, has anyone done this at the dock?

Thanks,
Rachelle Lynn
Tivoli
Everett, WA

SingPilot

Lines led aft

I am not sure of the E27, but on my E32, I thru-bolted spring-loaded swively blocks to the deck at the base of the mast, then to a Garhauer organizer block (flush) to make the turn along the deckhouse roof and back to rope clutches at the cockpit. Made a clean install, and works great. I mounted the swivel blocks close to the mast so the halyards could go under the sail cover, but I might consider not doing that way if I was going to do it again. I think I might mount them a little away from the mast so they can be outside of the sail cover, and then be bungeed away easier to prevent the wind-slapping in the dock. You would have to consider that the base of the mast area would not be as clean that way, so might be a tossup.

I like the way I have it, but makes it tougher to get the lines away from the mast when the cover is on.