• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Gooseneck needed!

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have a source for Goosenecks for an E27? I need the slide and the bracket that attaches to the boom.

I have tried to get ahold of RigRite several times about it, but get no response back from them. Are there any other sources out there that people are aware of?

Thanks,

Doug

richfriend

Gooseneck

Any pics of the original? Good luck with Rig-Rite. They used to be right down the road from me until a fire forced their move. Even then they were difficult to deal with, never mind the pricing. If you have the specs I can check at Wickford Marine Consignment. They have an impressive array of assorted used parts, and might have something usable, if not original.

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Richard! Here is a photo of the gooseneck and slide that I need. Boom end fitting is male, swivel, with 1/2 in pin-hole. Boom end fitting is 5/16 wide.

The sailtrack is about 5/16 deep. Probably a 1/2 slide would work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

Attachments

• gooseneck3.jpg
    gooseneck3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 368

Glyn Judson

Gooseneck parts needed.

Richard, I remember walking a friend through a problem with a cracked gooseneck a few years ago and his sense of hopelessness at ever finding a replacement. Good news, he did replace it with the identical part that turned out to be in stock Le Fiell. Why not give them a call at 800.451.5971 and see if you can forward your photo Rodney Higuerra, http://www.lefiell.com. The reason I say it that way is that I last had contact with him in June of 2006 regarding a mast base for my boat. He was immensely helpful and he goes way back with the company, sort of a walking dictionary combined with a Kodak camera (film back then). ; - ) I hope he's still there for your sake. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

bayhoss

Member III
Gooseneck

First off - forget Rig Rite. I tried doing business with them on some mast issues and after that I would rather use a carved telephone pole. I have no connection with them, but Smith Boat Salvage has a fair amout of parts taken from hurricane damaged boats.

Hope this helps,
Frank
E28 Valinor

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Source for Kenyon gooseneck

You might want to contact Jim at Atlantic Spars in Annapolis. They have a good track record of dealing with Rig-Rite and if you call Jim at (410) 268-1570 he will order and ship the parts to you. He asks that if possible, review the Kenyon part numbers and he will get on the website with you to make sure you get what you need. Atlantic Spars does all my rigging, etc... In fact, they hand-fashioned a goosneck for me to mate my Kenyon boom to my Isomat mast. This piece will outlast the rest of the boat. It is bulletproof. :)

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks all for the replies about the gooseneck. I'm suddenly pre-occupied with a paint crisis, where I have had to remove all the paint I recently put on the boat and do it over. Some kind of failure. I've got a running log of activities over at plasticclassic forum if anyone's interested. When this is resolved I'll pick up with the gooseneck.

Doug

stuartm80127

Member II
E27 Gooseneck

Hi Doug,

What did you ultimately do with your Gooseneck? I tried lefiell and they don't have such a product but would sell me a new boom for about $350.

I ask because the 1/2" diameter 2.5" pin where it becomes a very short 3/16 diameter with a pan head, sheared off right at the head where it meets the toggle. Fortunately this was near the end of a great weekend of sailing to Santa Cruz island.

Any direction from yuor experiences would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Stuart

Thanks Richard! Here is a photo of the gooseneck and slide that I need. Boom end fitting is male, swivel, with 1/2 in pin-hole. Boom end fitting is 5/16 wide.

The sailtrack is about 5/16 deep. Probably a 1/2 slide would work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I did get a gooseneck finally, a really nice cast stainless steel piece. In fact, identical to the one in the above photo. I got it from Dan at the salvage yard in Long Beach. He had advertised an Ericson 27 on Craigslist a couple months ago that he was salvaging. He sent me the gooseneck for 50 bucks. He said he had a few other goosenecks that would probably work. You should give him a call and find out what he has. He's real easygoing and no problems working with him. His # is 310 795-8978. Good luck!

Doug

Last edited:

stuartm80127

Member II
E27 Gooseneck

I thought I would follow-up with a Gooseneck solution that I came up with in a week. I ended up purchasing a 1/2" dia K-1685-1A tack, K10518N toggle and KCP4-61 Clevis pin, parts from Rigrite for $372. Then I had a custom fitting fabricated by Railmakers that contained a 1/2dia ss 304 boom pin of a grip length 2&1/8" welded to a fork of 3/16" ss 304 with a 3/8 dia hole drilled to connect to the tack. I had enough room to add two nylon spacers between the boom front and the fabricated boom pin(lack of a better name) that allowed good movement and reduced chafe there. I retained the same method of attachment that the previous boom pin used with the washer and a cotter pin. Hopefully, won't need to do this again any time soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 338