• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 34T chain plate problem

Knaggs Marine

I have a customer with a 34T that keeps getting cracks in the deck at the upper chain plate base.
I don't know if we need more room between the "knee" of the plate or no space at all. Another thought is that we need something different than balsa core in that area. Maybe plywood or a hard piece of fibergalss.
If someone else has the same vessel, if you could take the head liner down in that area to see if there is any space above the chain plate. Thank you for any thoughts.
Regards Paul

Rhynie

Member III
Paul,
Same boat #124, and same problem. I have had her about 10 months and not tackled that issue yet, but starboard side, to the outside of the mainshroud chainplate, there is a small crack. There is no space above the chainplate below the deck. PO used 5200 to bed the flanges on top side; I started to work them up, but gave up for the time being.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Rogue has the answer

I am almost sure Rogue went through this. The work was done at Crowleys yard in Chicago.

You can find Steve (Rogue's owner) here on the site-or if you are a boat yard you could call Crowley's directly and ask them what they did...

I know this was done because we did a Turbo rig for the boat which has a lot taller than standard, so this area was a concern..

Good luck!

S