• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cannot insert image in "Cruising & Racing"

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sean, I have some strange things happening. I do not have the "Insert Image" icon when posting to the Cruising & Racing forum but I do in Maintenance and also here in FAQ.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I saw your test Rob and you are not inserting a linked image. You are uploading a photo to the site. That also works for me.

I am talking about using the "Insert Image" button as you see below. It does not show up when adding or editing a thread in "Cruising & Racing"

You can also see the difference between your test post and my post about the shifter cable in the Maint. forum. I actually linked a photo from an outside source. This is preferable because it uses virtually no space on Sean's server. It is also nice because it allows photos larger than 640x480. If you right click and go to properties on the photo I linked in the shifter thread you will see that the source is my photo album website. If you right click on yours, the source is ericsonyachts.org.

Attachments

• insertimage.bmp
    235.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Tim~ Yep youre right, not on my screen here. Never loaded images that way. Its going to be a great day, learned something new in the first hour of the day.:nerd:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hmmm.... if you rely on linked images to convey your pictures, then wont you need to go back, as years go by, and police up your old links as your sources change their locations, etc??

LB

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Attaching Images vs. Linking (or 'Inserting')

Yes, you should try to attach images (the lower button - below the text input box) rather than linking to them. I've been trying to get rid of that button for years now - but it's hooked to the form's ability to permit code (like other links or email addresses - which are useful) - so it's stuck around.

We routinely clean out broken links - leaving you without an image - and I've pulled some images into peoples posts for them - thus attaching an image and putting it into the database so it won't be lost.

Of course, uploaded images have to meet size and dimensional requirements. More info on how to edit your images to ensure they comply with our sites requirements on uploads can be found HERE.

//sse

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Fair enough. Thanks Sean.

BTW, never had a problem uploading or with sizing. I just like having the photos display full size and not cluttering up your server.