• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Builders plate

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Internet search seems to provide a lot of options these days, ranging from expensive (cast) to relatively trivial (small laser engraved tags).
: For example
NT-BRZ_main-010.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Now that so many folks (others, not me) seem to be making all sorts of stuff via 3D printing, I wonder if this older thread might be reborn? New era! Newer technology! As the saying goes...
:egrin:
I would still like to have a plaque similar to another newer O-34 that I know of.
Given that EY closed its doors in 1990, there is no practical reason to make one exactly like one of the factory variations over the years.
Maybe something like this nice example provided to me from another owner here.
I would only take out the line about "made in Mexico" put in something like "Olson 34".
Not sure if or how I might change the formatting, but would likely keep the logo and font, otherwise. I would designate the Olson logo with the class emblem (capital O, in Revel font)
Perhaps use this Ericson Olson factory design, somehow? https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/new-ericson-olson-decal.89/

To all of your Vikings: Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Ericson builder plaque.png
    Ericson builder plaque.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17