• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"They say sailing is..."

Sven

Seglare
And on Sunday we sign the Cabrillo paperwork so we can sail up next week for the bliss of being almost neighbors :p with the Pride !

PS I just sewed the Sunbrella fender covers after all. Sure beat paying $40 ea. and the design couldn't be simpler !

PPS Are you going to the dock party tomorrow ? We were going to sign tomorrow but the office will be closed.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Sven,

I had forgot about the Marina's "Customer Appreciation Day BBQ" until I went down to the boat on Saturday. Everybody on the dock was asking if I was going, so when I finished my new project (a preventer system) I strolled on over. It was very nice as always. Good food, music and a fun raffle. Not to break with tradition in seven years of going to this event I still won nothing at the raffle. They give some pretty good prizes away too, like WM gift certificates, Dodger tickets, boat maintenance stuff, but the big prizes are a no slip fees for a month. One guy that won his slip for the month was very happy because he has a 42 footer.

Glad your happy with your fender covers. I am happy with mine. I never have to worry about cleaning the fenders any more.

So when's Senta II due in?

Jeff

Sven

Seglare
We brought up the dock steps from San Diego yesterday.

We drive down Thursday night (rental car) and sail up to Oceanside on Friday morning, then Cabrillo on Saturday morning. Hope to be there at a reasonable hour Saturday evening and we'll be met by Nancy's sister who will spend the night on board before driving us home on Sunday. A mini-vacation :egrin:

The wind really does come through that place, even with the hotel ! It will be interesting getting out of the windward slip in the afternoons :). Time for some floating springlines.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
The wind really does come through that place, even with the hotel ! It will be interesting getting out of the windward slip in the afternoons :). Time for some floating springlines.

-Sven

Yes it does. That's why when going out for a day sail I really like to shove off no later than 10:00 am. That way I can be well away and have an easy time of it before the wind pipes up. Wind usually picks up later. Any time between 11 and 2 in the afternoon, but it almost certainly will kick up to 18-20 knots in the afternoon in the Spring and Summer. Saturday, Weekend before last I didn't get underway until 2:30 and I reefed the main before I left the dock.

I remember the first time I visited the West Channel when I was shopping for boats back in 2002. A boat came screaming in just a dozen yards from the docks at Cabrillo Way Marina where I was looking at a Tartan 30 and I said "Wow", the Broker said "Welcome to Hurricane Gulch". He wasn't kidding. It's can be challenging and has made me a better sailor and I love it here.