• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e35-II Bow Chain Plate

Ed Belda

My e35-II bow chain plate failed this weekend (in light air therefore spar still up - lucky). Does any one know where I can purchase a replacement bow chain plate? Is it interchangeable with e35-III?

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Any machine shop will be able to make you a new chainplate, just take them the old one to replicate.

Are the other chainplates the same age having been subjected to the same stresses?

Gareth
Freyja E35 241 1972

Ed Belda

Chainplate Maker

Thanks Gareth for your input.

I have located a good stainless steel fabricator in Michigan who can computer scan a 3-D image of a chainplate and water jet cut it to shape and weld pieces together.

This company is Tops in Quality and their major business is stainless steel marine products for power and sail such as stanchions and bow pulpits. Their phone number is 810-364-7150 (www.topsinquality.com).

I will check my other chainplates and will replace them this winter when boat out of water.

Howard Keiper

Good for you that you didn't lose your rig. I discovered a crack in Sea Quest's stemhead fitting and had a replacement made. As far as stainless fabrication is concerned, this is a very simple operation for any good fabricator...in this case, Svendsen's, in Alameda.

Attachments

• new stemhead.jpg
    new stemhead.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 376