• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Community Tab & User Albums

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have anything in the pictures and albums section under the Community tab? There used to be other submissions in there but now when I look I only see mine.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
User Albums

I'm working on this. I've got a query in with Jelsoft on this now - and will address it fully within the next couple of weeks (we're down to our final review at school in two weeks - and may not have the time for much else, so....)

Users should be aware that the settings which control the visibility of User Albums are set from the User Control Panel (small UserCP button, upper let after logging in). You want to make sure that your album settings are set to 'Public' - so everyone can see them, etc.

I will get back to you on this... :nerd:

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Ok - here's the deal on User Albums:

They only display under the Community Tab when they are new - and then, after that, you can view them by going to the User's Profile page (via the Member List, or from the profile link on any of their posts).

For example (and Jeff, sorry for using you as the Guinea Pig on this), if you were to drill back on Jeff Asbury's profile - either from the Member List, or from any of his posts, you will find his (very throughly) completed profile page, with links to his albums:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/member.php?u=584

I'm looking into the controls for the increasing the time these albums are broadly displayed...and will get back to you on this.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks Mark -

Ok, I found the switches - and have disabled the new album feature all together.

If too many albums start appearing there (and it starts impacting the database response time), then we may have to re-impose a time limit on this - but we'll see how it goes...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Correction - I cannot disable the feature - so I've pushed the time limit out to one year before you have to go to the user's profile page to see their album...

//sse