• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Custom Instrument Panel

Gmilburn

Member III
Hey all,

Today I was lurking around the moyer marine site to get some info on my E29 A4--and I ran across a post about a company that specializes in custom panels--and was so impressed that I wanted to share it! Let me add that I have absolutely no commercial interest in this company--but the concept is unique.

Moyer post: http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14172#post14172

This company (Front Panel Express) provides a free software download and you design the panel, including cutouts, labeling, color of panel and lettering, etc. then you upload the custom designed panel and get a price quote. I've attached a copy of a Catalina owners new instrument panel (I hope he doesn't mind) and here is a link to the company. He said it is priced reasonably--and it looks like on the web site that a custom panel would cost about $100. I was going to make a new one out of teak and would have spent about that much for just the wood, but now I'm considering using one of these.

Take a look--I think you could clearly also do custom switch panels, etc. The company is called Front Panel Express

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/en/news/home.html

Attachments

• inst panel.jpg
    inst panel.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 904

pmarsha3

Member II
Gary, that panel is beautiful. I just made one out of 1/4 teak. Now I would like to replace the fiberglass bezel with one carved from a block of teak. It would be nice to find that online. Gary, thanks or the picture.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Good info. That system is based on producing standard 19" wide panels for computer/electrical racks. It would be nice if they had some breaker/led items in their object library for designing custom boat electrical panels.

There was an article in a sailing mag that listed a handfull of companies that make custom panels.

Last edited: