• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Advice Needed on an E-29 Tall Rig Main Sail

Don Calcote

Well, after 32 years my Main Sail has succumbed to the sun and the wind and I'm looking for a good used Sail. I can't find one....Anyone got an idea for a source? Or, here's a better question: The Luff is 31'6" and the Foot is 9'6". Since I've not been able to find exactly that measurement, can I use a bit smaller sail? I'm not a racer, just a weekend cruiser on a 15,000 acre inland lake, so ultimate performance is not critical. What size would work?

Last edited:

Gmilburn

Member III
E-29 Tall Main Sail

Hi Don,

I just bought a new E-29 Tall Main sail a few weeks ago and have taken the old one off the boat. It is a great sail with no rips or worn spots--its quite serviceable--unless you want to race--as it is not crisp as a new one. The only glaring defect is purely visual--the Ericson Logo and the 29 are both brittle and cracked (I actually had new ones custom made--but have not gotten around to putting them on). I have ample photos of it--and have included a couple with this post. I have ordered some sail slugs, that have yet to arrive, so I dont have the new sail up yet. But I plan to hoist this weekend. If it all checks out--Id be happy to sell you the old sail. It is 31.5 ft at luff and 9.5 ft at foot.

I'm thinking it is worth about $300 (plus shipping from Arkansas) and includes 4 partial battens (my new one was almost $1,000). I could include the custom vinyl logos if you would want them--they cost me right at $200 to have made (I can show you the invoice), and they were completed about 2 months ago before I bought the new sail.

Are you interested? If so--send me a private message to gmilburn.

Attachments

• DSCF5503c.jpg
    DSCF5503c.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF5657c.jpg
    DSCF5657c.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF4908c.JPG
    DSCF4908c.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 63