• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Practical sailor

Andy Rogers

Member II
I'm considering subscribing to Practical Sailor. Does it get more cheers or jeers from the current subscribers? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

Andy

Todd Craig

I subscribed to PS for a couple of years. In that time they went from a fairly useful publication of about 30-40 pages to a slim pamphlet of 10 pages or so. The topics they covered were very redundant. After the third or fourth time reading an article on bottom paint, you just lose interest. Their subscription rate is quite high. If you're looking for boat related information, you're probably better off using the web.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Other References

I purchased the Casey series of books for general reference, as well as Calder and Toss (and one or two others) for more in-depth information.

The only problem I would have with PS is finding stuff within the series that you purchased - even with their index.

I needed a reference source(s) that were fairly broad -and complete- in their base and well indexed (sound familiar?? :D ).