• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Torque Setting

Ed Valente

Member II
I need to remove the nuts on two of my keel bolts to replace the corroded aluminum pates the P.O. had installed for load distribution. (right idea, wrong material). Assuming the bolts are in good shape, this should be one of the easier jobs this spring. Doed anyone know the torque setting for the keel bolts ? The boat is a 1990 Olson 911 SE. Thanks.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Torque note

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=5797&highlight=torque&page=4
Reply #49 in this keel thread seems to address this. I did a search for "torque" and there are other threads that come up, also -- some relevant and some not so much.
:rolleyes:
If I recall when the yard rebedded our keel, they used a large socket with a 3 or 4 foot cheater bar. The yard guy was a lot younger and stronger than me, too! They commented that (like Ericsons) our Olson had larger keel bolts than most other boats. :cool:

BTW, for a plate under each of those big nuts, I would want nothing less than 316L stainless steel.

Regards,
Loren

Last edited: