• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-39 wheel and pedestal for sale

quickjay

I'm converting to tiller steering, so am selling the whole kit and caboodle - pedestal, wheel, binnacle compass, cables, blocks, rudder post quadrant.

John
510-525-6200

Sven

Seglare
- "What ... !?"
- "He says they've got one already."

Be that as it may, pictures prices and description would still be interesting. It is from the flush deck E39, right ?

Thanks,

-Sven

quickjay

Attaching pictures of E-39 wheel

I'm asking $750 for everything.

John

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Wheel hub.jpg
    Wheel hub.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Compass top.jpg
    Compass top.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Compass fore side.jpg
    Compass fore side.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 77

WhiteNoise

Member III
Interested in selling the base?

What is the diameter of the pedestal post? The base of my pedestal is shot.
If you decide to part it out and the base will fit mine I would be interested in purchasing the base.

I suspect you would be able to do pretty well selling it for parts if you have trouble finding someone to buy the whole thing. Your compass and wheel themselves should return a pretty penny.

Good luck and please let me know if you're interested in selling the base. If it fits mine I would be very interested. Thanks!

-Chris

quickjay

Hoping to sell as a unit.

Hey, Chris:

The post diameter is about 4".

I'm hoping I can sell the whole thing as a unit - I'm leaving it mounted on the boat until a buyer shows up to check it out, at which time I'll disassemble.

BUT if no buyer shows soon, then I may be ready to sell as parts.

How easy is it to remove the post from the base?

John

WhiteNoise

Member III
From what I've read the post is actually welded in one or two small spots. Grind those spots and it should slide out.

That being said, if you are parting in out, most likely the post itself will be of little value so if you wanted to ship the post with the base I'd deal with it.
The wheel, base, pedestal gearing assembly (whatever you call that) compass, and engine controls I suspect will be of the most value.

Good luck with the sale and thanks much for the response.

-Chris

Last edited: