• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Logo Sticker

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
die cut ericson stickers

any folks have a lead on a source for the two ericson "horns" stickers that go on the rear transom...one on each side..? i need a pair for my e23 restore project...... THANX !!!

:clap:

msFootrope

Logo / Decal

You can do a search on the website for the term logo or decal and you'll find lots of suggestions on where to find sources for having them made. In the Specs & Documents section, the top-most link is for a logo. Craig and I downloaded this .EPS file and brought it to a local vinyl sign place and they were able to make some for us. There was an initial setup fee (about $40) and we got about five of them (4-5" tall) for $80 . I think next time we order them, they will be about $10 - $15 a piece.

sleather

Sustaining Member
E23 Logo

Howdy, I tried downloading the .eps file and Windows couldn't find a program to open it????? I replaced my logos 8 YRS. ago, I carefully recreated the logo in an AutoCad .dwg file(a lot of measuring & tweaking). I double stick taped it to Sail # vinyl, auto stipping tape would probly work too, & carefully cut it out w/ x-acto. Cheap fix, still looks GREAT. Actually looks better because it doesn't have that clear decal stuff around it.!!!
I could save it as a pdf file, if anyone wants to try the "Home made" approach.
In fact I was trying to figure out how to use it as "MY"avatar.
Later, Steve

Last edited:

msFootrope

Ericson Helmet Logo

I also have it saved as a .JPG if anybody would like me to upload it in that form. Just let me know.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Logo.pdf

May require reducing or enlarging to suit, I plotted my Cad
file @ 1:1 and the dimensions don't scale exactly.
No warranties expressed or implied, GOOD LUCK !!
Let's get that .JPG up too!

Attachments

• ERIC2-LOGO Model (1).pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

msFootrope

Here is the .JPG file too. The default size is 6" x 6.794" or 432 x 482 pixels, but it resizes to larger dimensions quite well.

Attachments

• ericson-helmet-logo.jpg
    ericson-helmet-logo.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 313

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Pacific Seacraft?

About a year ago (pre bankruptcy filing) we ordered a few from Pacific Seacraft for about $6 each if memory serves. I don't know if they still have anyone answering the phone over there any more, but it might be worth a shot.

- Cory Bolton

rbonilla

thanx everyone for the info....i should be able to
get one made w/the art work avail....:egrin:

Mike.Gritten

Member III
The Ericson logo with the horns that is saved as an EPS file in the documents section, will work fine at ANY vinyl sign shop. The cost to cut 'em shouldn't be much and they do not come with any "clear" space around them - just the sticker as you would expect. Most Windows programs do not support the EPS format directly, but you can definitely open it in Adobe Illustrator and if you need a raster (jpg, tif, bmp) format you can open it in Photoshop. From Illustrator you can save the file as a DXF file which can then be loaded into AutoCAD or a hundred other CADD programs. Many of us have done this and it works perfectly. I can probably get our local sign shop to make me about 100 of 'em (4" high) for less than $100 if I "weed" them (remove all the vinyl that doesn't belong in the logo and then have them pre-mask the sheet. I would have to cut it up into 100 pieces myself, but it would be do-able). I say this not to volunteer for this duty, but to illustrate that it can be done easily and relatively cheaply. If there is ever a EYOA.org store I will do this and provide some for sale (assuming we get the rights to the logo that is!) ;)

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Get-R-Done

Hey Rick, see what happens when you ask a simple ????
By the way where's your boat going to be?,don't
see any big PONDS close to Berth.
This should get me pumped to complete the original
project, to get the HORNS on my 9 year old NORTH,
full batten, MAIN.

Last edited:

rbonilla

Steve...you have a e23 north main? I will buy it off of ya and throw in my current main...it is in good shape :egrin:

BTW: crank up google maps and see the two BIG lakes just north west of Berthoud, Co...1) carter lake and 2) horsetooth resorvoir...they are big for colorado....then, if you go east (over the 12k peaks) we have a few good sized high mtn lakes avail......

cheers !!

richard
colorado

rbonilla

John...I will give ya a call leter this week...I need to get the measurements to see how tall I can go, and stay within the stripe along the top of the bow...I am thinking 3 or 4 inches...I will want them in white if possible...thanx !!

Richard
colorado

I have a vinyl cutting machine and can do these - call or e-mail me if interested.
John Gleadle
604 596-4940
super07@telus.net

sleather

Sustaining Member
Re Main

I've got the MK2 rig, besides, I'd never give it up, I like it too
much! I do have the OEM sail, haven't looked @ it in awhile,
but it's not a NORTH, have you talked to THEM about a USED?
There's got to be similar "E" & "P" 's for other boats.

Last edited: