• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

89 Ericson 35' mk3 - rub rail replacement.

dustintodd

Member II
Buzzard's bay on crappy wind against current day decided to borrow several pieces of rub rail from Serendipity. I am not one to argue with an angry body of water so I decided to hand it over peacefully. Now I am stuck trying to replace 3 section of aluminum rub rail. Anyone found a source for matching rub rail?

- Dustin

mike on t welch

Luck with rub rail?

Dustin,
I have a dock mate with a 1989 36' and his rub rail is the same as mine on my 1988 28'. I suspect it is the same as the rail on your boat. Did you ever have any luck finding the aluminum rail?

dustintodd

Member II
Replaced it with Taco Marine

I pulled all the rub rail and replaced it with Taco Marine model. Could not match the old rub rail.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Dustin,

Do you know which model of Taco rubrail you used? They have several different profiles.

I need some good chipotle salsa for my taco, too!:p

dustintodd

Member II
Model #

I used A11-0711. But honestly I probably should have gone with a even profile vs. 711 profile which is designed for hull that is sloping away. It looks great vs. the old dented stuff I replaced. But it turns out most of my hull leaves the hull/deck join at almost 90 degrees. If I had to do it again I would would have used profile similar to what I removed.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Do you still have any of the original? I could use a small piece so I can try to find a match without having to remove any of mine. I would gladly pay shipping.