• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cockpit Drain Lines

GMaurer

Member II
I am planning to replace my cockpit drain lines this spring.
What drain line material is recommended?
Also, the current routing goes from the two cockpit drains to a thru-hull shared by the sink drain line. The cockpit drain lines appear to have a low point below the thru-hull; thus, water collects in the line and freezes. Any recommendations on the need to reroute?
Greg
1988 E-28

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Try searching the forums. There are lots of threads on this subject. The idea is to try and make it so the cockpit drains overboard above the WL so you don't have to leave a below WL seacock open. My 35 has 2 sets of scuppers. One set drains below WL through it's own seacock. The other 2 drain to an above WL seacock near the stern.

Either way it is a good idea to eliminate the low point so water does not collect.

chaco

Member III
Cockpit Drain Hoses

Check out www.teleflexmarine.com for the Shields Hose Site. I used #148 PVC Hose throughout all my Drains below waterline. Heat the ends with a Heat Gun prior to Installation. This stuff is Bulletproof. Make sure you use a hose that is Rated for Below Waterline Service :nerd:

Happy Scuppers :egrin: :egrin:

adavid

Member II
The previous owner of my '86 E-28 re-routed the cockpit drains so that they go directly to a through-hull in the stern of the boat. It is a much better setup.

Where are you located in RI. We keep our boat in Swansea, MA.

Andy