• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking at a 35-II, lots of maintenance questions.

sailor11767

Member II
Gareth,

Thanks for your reply. I gave a $5K offer on it, he countered at $14, his broker told me I really ought to find a 6 figure offer, I upped it to $6K, his last email included words like "bottom feeder" and "donate before sell at that price." I don't have the boat, and I think I'm better off for it.

I've been looking at the one in Maine for $21K with some terrific support from Tim Reilly. He took a bunch of pictures for me this weekend, and, well, that boat ain't what the broker pictures portray. That's the case more often than not. Tim thinks a $10K offer would be a high offer, I am beginning to think it's a VERY high offer.

So, I'm still looking for those E-35's that everyone tells me come on the market frequently.......

Thanks all for your support,

Harry

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Gareth,

I've been looking at the one in Maine for $21K with some terrific support from Tim Reilly. He took a bunch of pictures for me this weekend, and, well, that boat ain't what the broker pictures portray. That's the case more often than not. Tim thinks a $10K offer would be a high offer, I am beginning to think it's a VERY high offer.

So, I'm still looking for those E-35's that everyone tells me come on the market frequently.......

Thanks all for your support,
Harry

Just be patient and keep the ol' Mk One Eyeball peeled....
Your boat is out there, somewhere, waiting for you.
;)
FWIW, a friend of mine sold his E-27 for a top market price a number or years ago, and it was worth every penny. All the upgrades were in place, including an almost new diesel. Excellent sails and rigging. It was a completely "turn key" Ericson. They do exist... Just stay alert and cast your net widely...
Cheers,
Loren
:egrin: