• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Electric auxiliary

Lucky Dog

Member III
Would like to learn more

I looked at several of the utubes concerning electric motorized boats. My students are using the same etek motor for a electric hydrofoil. We have E35II with atomic 4. A electric motors sounds very appealing if only the could recharge as as refueling.
Hope others post any success with electric motors.

mark

Sven

Seglare
"4 knts per hour" ... that is one very slow Ericson !

From Wikipedia:

Until the mid-19th century vessel speed at sea was measured using a chip log. This consisted of a wooden panel, weighted on one edge to float upright and thus have substantial water resistance, attached by line to a reel. The chip log was "cast" over the stern of the moving vessel and the line allowed to pay out. Knots placed at a distance of 47 feet 3 inches (14.4018 m) passed through a sailor's fingers, while another sailor used a 30 second sandglass (28 second sandglass is the current accepted timing) to time the operation.[6] The knot count would be reported and used in the sailing master's dead reckoning and navigation. This method gives a value for the knot of 20.25 in/s, or 1.85166 km/h. The difference from the modern definition is less than 0.02%.

-Sven

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Just to be clear, I'm not financially involved with SolidNav (other than buying a unit from them :). It bothers me when obvious solicitation pops up here and that is not my intent with this post.