• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

HIN location 1971 E 27

tenders

Innocent Bystander
It may not have an official hull number, as in, for DMV/registration purposes. That system didn't start until around 1973-74.

You may find the Ericson hull sequence number written in pencil in unobtrusive places (ie, the back sides) of various pieces of woodwork--but that was the number they used to keep the various boats straight while they were making them.

outahere

Member II
Thanks,

I had heard that prior to that they stamped an ID number in the rudder cap where the Tiller attaches, but was not sure if that was correct. My 27 does have a five digit number there, 27, a horizontal 1, and then 42. Any chance of that being it?

sliver

Sliver

On my '72 E27, the hull number, 249, is stamped on the metal plate for the tiller/rudder connection. It was also written in black ink on the fuel tank.

outahere

Member II
Thanks,

I have the same style stamp. 27, horizontal 1 and 42. Is that how yours is configuired? Is the stamp aft on the plate?

timh

1972 E27 #157
1 as hypen, AND 157

Took a visit to the boat to understand the bit about the horizontal 1 as the hyphen. Sure enough, I've got the same thing, and then the number 157 after the hyphen. So altogether, it's "27-157" with the hyphen being that horizontal 1. Guess the factory didn't have a separate hyphen-only stamp. :egrin:

- TimH.