• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E30 Live-aboard

krasno

I am currently applying for an internship at tartan yachts for this summer and I need a place to stay. I have been wanting to seriously try the live aboard thing for a while now and I figured this summer would probably be a good time to start.

Anyway, I was looking at a 1968 Ericson 30 in my price range. Would this be a good choice for a live aboard? If so, does anyone have any useful information about the boat?

boethius27

Member II
I can't say much about the 30's, but my fiancee and I live on a 35 with both a dog and a cat and we think it is a wonderful liveaboard. I can't imagine a 30 being too bad for one person.

Good luck!

EGregerson

Member III
live aboard

Make sure you can stretch out in the berth; and that you can stand up straight. also storage space is always an issue.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I have a friend who lives aboard the same vintage E-30. He's plenty comfortable. I actually lived aboard my E-27 part time for about 2 years. I loved that simple living. Make sure you are berthed at a Marina with showers and laundry facilities and you should be fine. Make sure your AC system is in good condition if you want to use things like a microwave or AC heaters. My friend's E-30 needed the AC re wired.

Moor'ea

Savage Sailor
29's okay

I've lived aboard an Ericson 29 for several years, and find it to be perfectly adequate for one person (and a cat). The 29 may feel a little bigger due to the fact that the dinette table folds up, but it should work out for you if you can tolerate relatively small spaces.

Cheers,
Jay