• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

First Catalina Trip

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Hi Guys, sorry this is a little off-topic.

After sailing to Catalina 2-3 times per month for the first couple years I had the boat, I've neglected her for most of this year. It's time to haul her, paint the bottom, inspect the keel, and replace the stuffing box. Can you recommend a good yard in the LA Harbor area?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I highly recommend:

Marina Shipyard
6400 E Marina Dr # 3
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 594-0995

Tony's the yard boss. Fair Guy. I have also used Cabrillo and they do good work but some times there's a bit of a wait to get on the crane. I like Marina Ship Yard because they don't use cranes. They use a elevator and cradle system. It's about a 2 hour trip down to Alamitos Bay from Pedro. I got estimated from Colonial as well, very pricey but I understand they are very good.

See the pic of my boat on the cradle system at Marina Shipyard last March. Now is a good time to go because of the Winter rates.

Nice to see you back on line Mark. Wish you could have joined us all during the Ericson Photo Day we had last August around Angles Gate. We may do it again.

Beam Winds

Jeff

Attachments

• P1010004_48.jpg
    P1010004_48.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010010_35.jpg
    P1010010_35.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 51

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Now is a good time to go because of the Winter rates.

I'll vouch for that. I hired their crane to drop in my engine last week.
I've never seen that yard so empty. There was no waiting for the crane
and they comped me an overnight stay at their docks.

Martin

ligolaiva38

Member II
I have been using Colonial Boat yard for a number of years and they have been doing a great job at reasonable prices. A couple of years ago someone got hurt working on their boat-- like fell off a ladder and then sued them for a million dollars so they don't like you to work on your boat now.
They have been a yard for many many years owned by the same family so they are real pros at boat maintanence. I haven't been there for three years but in the winter before Christmas and and after New Years is the best time to get hauld out and the cheapest.

http://www.colonialyacht.com/index.htm

john
Laiva E 381

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Thanks for the input, guys!

I don't want to be too lazy and too far afield of the original topic--but what the hell? Any quick and easy opinions on choice of bottom paint? Also, I'd like to add a boot stripe. And make my dull chalky hull nice and shiny. Thoughts?

Damn, this post does not belong here. I'll redeem myself now by searching the archives for answers to these questions that must have been asked 1000 times around here.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Mark A's Haul Out!

Mark A's Haul Out!

Hi Mark, Thought I would start a new thread in the So Cal Section for you.

Go to, Mark A's Haul Out!:egrin:

Jeff