• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

La Petite free to a good berth

Sven

Seglare
We are in the process of buying a gorgeous "new" Ericson so it is time to find La Petite a good new home in the Marina Del Rey to Long Beach area, or even up to Santa Barbara if you want to sail her up there.

She is free, not including the outboard or autopilot or any of the other personal effects we have on board (we would consider including the outboard and tillerpilot for $1K but that is not required).

Her main is a bit stretched but not too badly, the 150% roller furling genoa is about 6 years old ? The rudder has a rust stain which will need looking at at some point in the future. The bottom paint needs redoing from frequent diver cleaning. Typical safety equipment is of course included.

She sails beautifully and we have done one Catalina to MDR crossing in 5 hours which means that she _averaged_ hull-speed throughout, but that was during a good blow.

Suggestions for charitable donation possibilities would also be appreciated if nobody here can give her a good new berth.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Wow, what a deal! I'm shocked!

Wow, what a deal! Does La Petite have a swing or fixed keel? If she has a swing does she come with a trailer?

If you do have a swing keel I could probably haul her away with a friend's trailer.

Very tempting.

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

Yes, she is a great offering :)

When we first bought her, sight unseen, on eBay, for a grand total of $1847.00, we had no idea what a bargain we had gotten. We reasoned that at that price we would just give her away if we found out that she was a mess, after buying her ... turns out that she was beautiful, just dirty.

Did I mention how well she sails ? Yes, I've done that several times. I would almost say I've been bragging about it !

Did I mention that she (the design) was what I foolishly tried to improve when I was the TA for a yacht design class at Brown back in '73, but that I couldn't make her more beautiful or better ? Yes, I've mentioned that too.

It is time for us to get a bigger boat again, another King masterpiece, otherwise we wouldn't be giving her up.

Feel free to pass the offer on outside this forum in a few days.

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Pictures

Here are a few, the personal effects, origo stove, engine, tillerpilot, and other equipment shown in the pictures are not included in "free".

Attachments

• DSC_4229.jpg
    DSC_4229.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_7029.jpg
    DSC_7029.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_7032.jpg
    DSC_7032.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_7047.jpg
    DSC_7047.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_7362.jpg
    DSC_7362.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 156

Sven

Seglare
And a few more ...

Attachments

• DSC_7366.jpg
    DSC_7366.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_7369.jpg
    DSC_7369.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 138

Steve Swann

Member III
Is she still available, Sven?

Sven,

Please let me know if she is available. I have an E25 c/b and a family of sailors. We would be REALLY interested in her, plus possibly the outboard and autopilot.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

Sven

Seglare
Sven,

Please let me know if she is available. I have an E25 c/b and a family of sailors. We would be REALLY interested in her, plus possibly the outboard and autopilot.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

Yes, she still is. She is the fin keel model so you would have to take that into account if you wanted to transport her. Also be aware that she looks bigger than she is ... standing headroom only for 2-year olds :)

-Sven

Steve Swann

Member III
Working on it

Sven,

I realize she is tall on a trailer. I am looking two places right now for a possible trailer, here in Boise and in SoCal through my old college roommate. If nothing else, I'll buy one.

In any case, if you are willing to see her go to Idaho, I think I can make arrangements for her to spend her next years in fresh water up in the northwest.

I'll send you a Private Post here in a minute as well.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

Sven

Seglare
She has a new good berth

Assuming nothing goes wrong, La Petite now has a new home state and berth.

-Sven

CKKat93

2nd Alternative

Should things not work out for La Petite to make the trip to Idaho, my husband and I are new to sailing and would be interested in keeping her in Southern California. Sounds like she would make a wonderful first boat :)

Sven

Seglare
Should things not work out for La Petite to make the trip to Idaho, my husband and I are new to sailing and would be interested in keeping her in Southern California. Sounds like she would make a wonderful first boat :)

I will let you know if it falls through for any reason.

Yes, she would be a wonderful 1st boat or a boat for someone who wants to get back to something with a sports car like feel :)

-Sven

Sven

Seglare

Steve just sent me a message telling me that he will let you have La Petite since you are local and it would be less complicated. If you change your mind he'll still come by to pick her up.

I feel like I'm setting up a blind date :)

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
That didn't work out

This economy is messing up everyone.

La Petite is still Steve's if nobody claims her before December 4th, until then she's again free to a good berth.

-Sven

Mick

Member I
Man if I could get the time off work to sail her up the coast to SF I'd be all over this. We would love a boat to play around on while my father and I are refurbishing his 36C and to teach my kids how to sail. I can't believe you're having trouble giving away that beautiful boat... stupid economy. :confused: