• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Ericson Owner's Web site? ericson.sailboatowners.com?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
This is a part of a larger chandlery site called SailboatOwners.com.
I have bought gear from them in the past and found them to be honest. They have sections of their site for owners of different brands of boat to post messages.

This quote from their home page gives you an idea of what they do:
"Get site news
Get our newest discussions, quiz results, expert tips, sales and new products delivered to your inbox every Monday."

I check in for interesting stuff about once a month at that site, but EY.org is where all of my boat-related conversations take place...

FWIW, here is another "chat and commerce" web site: http://www.sailjazz.com/

And, of course: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cmps_index.php

Actual owner-controlled sites, without commerce, are a lot more rare... and valuable (!), like this one.
:)

Best,
Loren
:egrin:

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Wanabees

Interesting, If you remove the "ericson." from the link you end up on the main page. NO Ericsons in the Classifieds and NO Ericson information in the Specifications.

NO substitute for the REAL DEAL!:egrin:

Mike.Gritten

Member III
SailboatOwners.com

I concur with Loren. I have dealt with these guys a few times in the past and have found their pricing and service to both be excellent. They have some stuff I just can't find elsewhere.
The website is fine for what it is.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Not a bad site. I and fellow member Maine Sail frequent that site. Go to the main home page, select forums and select all users. Some pretty good non brand specific discussions here. They just upgraded the forum format last night.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Sailboatowners.com

I have been frequenting SBO.com for years and really enjoy the site. I have purchased items from their chandlery and have had very good results. They have a dedicated Ericson post and I have helped lots of folks and usually send them here for more detailed information.