• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E26-3 pumpout deck fitting size

Russell Stamets

I'm having trouble finding a waste pumpout adapter that will fit the deck fitting on my '88 E26. The only 1 1/2" diameter adapter that I can find (Nozall) has a different thread. Does any one know where I might find a different adapter that might fit? I thought I'd check before I replace the fitting.

Russell
E26 #377 Valhalla

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Is this the one?

Check with Pompanette, distributors of Hood parts. I believe that your deck fill was like our factory ones from '88, like the picture I dragged over from their web site.
http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.n...a1da4a7f0ae4eba2852567ca00606ea0?OpenDocument

And, I still do not know what the thread size is, having cargo-shifted my old ones to another Ericson owner on the east coast....

Cheers,
Loren

Attachments

• 0.7C.gif
    0.7C.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Kevin Vine

I think it's probably Sea Dog

I had the same problem on my '84 E26-2. Kerplunk. It took several trips back and forth to the local chandlery, but I eventually found one, and it was re-manufactured by Sea Dog.

This may be what you're looking for:
http://www.sea-dog.com/PDF/351260.pdf

Neither the Sea Dog replacement nor the Ericson original are of very good quality... surprising in what is otherwise a quality boat.

On another note, I am unfamiliar of the E26-3... yours is the first reference I've seen.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
On another note, I am unfamiliar of the E26-3... yours is the first reference I've seen.

On this one point... For the sake of precision, some might call the very first 60's era Crealock design Ericson 26 the Mk 1 (flush deck) the second far-more-common version of that boat with a trunk cabin the Mk2, and the later 80's King design ("modern" fractional rig, like a scaled-down E-28 or E-30+) the Mk3.

That's a guess, anyway... and subject to revision...
:rolleyes:

Loren

Kevin Vine

On this one point... For the sake of precision, some might call the very first 60's era Crealock design Ericson 26 the Mk 1 (flush deck) the second far-more-common version of that boat with a trunk cabin the Mk2, and the later 80's King design ("modern" fractional rig, like a scaled-down E-28 or E-30+) the Mk3.

A reasonable enough explanation, Loren! PHRF-NW doesn't differential between Mk 1 and Mk 2 as suggested above, referring to both (I surmise) as ERIC26-1 and the King design as ERIC26-2.

u079721

Contributing Partner
I'm having trouble finding a waste pumpout adapter that will fit the deck fitting on my '88 E26. The only 1 1/2" diameter adapter that I can find (Nozall) has a different thread. Does any one know where I might find a different adapter that might fit? I thought I'd check before I replace the fitting.

Russell
E26 #377 Valhalla

I too wondered about this some years ago, but couldn't find one.

At the time I worked in a building with a machine shop, and one winter I took the cap from the deck pump out (to match the threads) and a regular pump out fitting for reference, and asked the staff if they could match it in the threads I needed. They made one from a block of nylon, which worked great for a year or so.

Then it must have swollen or something because it became very difficult to turn. So eventually I gave up and just bought a new standard deck pump out fitting and installed it. Made life easier all around when I stopped by various places for pump outs, and I recommend you bite the bullet anddo the same.

Russell Stamets

E26 -3? new fitting

Thanks to all for the info. It is indeed an adapter I was looking for to work with the existing deck fitting. I suspected I should just replace it and u have helped confirm it. FYI, Loren's pompanette site's fittings look closest to mine, although all of mine have the star head for a winch handle.

As for the Ericson 26-3 reference, I may be in error; I could've sworn I'd seen my '88 wing keel referred to as a 300 series somewhere in the documentation. I think I just assumed that it was what came after the 26-2, all the examples of which I'd seen were older.

Let me know if you think I've invented a new model :)

Russell Stamets
E26-? Valhalla