• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Holiday weekend

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Anyone heading anywhere nice this weekend. We hope to go out Thursday PM or Firday morning. Hopefully Snow I. Friday night. Saturday and Sunday up in the air. Maybe the Gosslings Saturday and Jewel Sunday.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
If things work out I will be heading North to RI Yacht Club and grabbing a mooring for Thur. night. They reciprocate with our club so it'll be free.... Then dinghying to my buddy's house, his neighborhood has a community beach/dock for a barbecue and fireworks. Then if the weather cooperates Block Island or Cuttyhunk on Fri. for the weekend. Fingers are crossed. If the weather sucks, then I will stay in the Bay. I love sailing season! :) RT

Steve

Member III
Post holiday Weekend

To sum up the 2008 Holiday weekend in one word; "FOG" .. need we say more? Thursday was a great day though.

Steve

treilley

Sustaining Partner
We had great weather until Sunday noon when the fog rolled in. We spent Sunday night in the fog at Jewell I. and did not see shore again until Monday noon. It seems only the islands were socked in.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Drizzle Friday, rain Saturday finally cleared Sunday afternoon. Sailed a few hours on Sunday aft. Generally a sucky 4th. This weekend is looking great and were planning on dropping the mooring on Friday morning. Yahoo! RT

Steve

Member III
Wakefield

Rob.. I've jumped into (smelly, as wife called it) Galilee for some cheaper diesel in the past but never ventured north up to Wakefield. Is there overnight anchorage areas, it looks rather protected but a shallow channel.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Steve,
I've actually never been North of Point Judith Marina in the "pond". There are some decent marinas up there, Ram Point, Stone Cove, the URI sailing clubhouse and Point Judith Yacht Club. Yes it is shallow and I believe there are areas to anchor but I have never done it. They say the best spot is to anchor in the Harbor of Refuge, just inside the break wall. Never done it either but sailed through there enough. Get up close to the wall and it will be quite calm. Galilee is "smelly" but hey, its a real commercial fishing port! A dying breed unfortunately. I keep my boat mid-Bay, in North Kingstown on the West side. RT

Last edited:

Steve

Member III
Last Holiday Weekend ?

Here it is, the last summer Holiday weekend of the season. We will be somewhere between CT, Block Island, CH, or the Vineyard.. demands on weather, wind, and the boss. For sure in the pond at Block following Labor-Day on mooring #280, as we have some business to finish there for a few days.

Steve 35-3 Amazing Grace