• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E39 Yankee Girl?

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Today I was at the South Park Marina in South Seattle and saw two E39s on the hard. At least I think they're 39s. I couldn't get up to the transom to look for numbers, even if they had them. Yankee Girl is a project boat. The rig is up, but there are open ports and signs of years of neglect. Not sure if there is an engine, but there is no prop shaft. It is conceivable that it has been there for 10 years or more, but back then I wasn't as familiar with E-boats. 1994 was the last WA registration sticker I saw. I saw a double-keeled sailboat on the hard that I think was there about 15 years ago.

The other is Sundowner, with a shiny orange hull. Looks like she's hauled out only recently and seems to be in very nice shape from the outside, anyway.

No "for sale" sign on either.

hodo

Member III
That double Keeled boat next to the driveway is an albin I believe. it has been there for at least 25 years. I used to keep my first boat there, back in 78. there are several boats on the hard that have been there since then. How are you guys doing in the april snow?
Harold & Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Snow?

Hi Harold,

It is sad to see these boats sit and rot. I started walking around that marina at least 16 years ago and I recognize several boats that haven't moved in that time. Probably better not to look inside and contemplate restoration.

Here in Federal Way we had some rain, but no snow yet. I got hailed on up in South Seattle this afternoon when a strong cell floated by. Even had a little hail at Harbor Island while I was stapling some headliner back up and getting a zipper restarted. I think the heavy snow is at the north county line and into Sno County. It's cold enough that we'll probably get some tonight when showers move through, tho.

Say hi to Jessie for us.

Last edited:

CaptDan

Member III
Hi Harold,

Here in Federal Way we had some rain, but no snow yet.

Greeted by a thin blanket of white this morning on Squak Mt. If I were Rip Van Winkle waking from hibernation, I'd swear it was January - except for the unhappy tulips and sagging buds on the trees.

If this is 'G.W.' (g;obal warming), it ain't global or warming. :rolleyes:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Guy Stevens

Yankee Girl

Was totaled due to a fire. If you look on the side of the mast, (I think port?) you can see where the fire was so hot it melted a hole in the mast.

Most of the amenities, blocks etc were removed from the boat, and put on another e-39. Of which I had an intimate relationship. I looked at yankee girl at the time I bought my boat, which was parked nose to nose with it.

The fire really destroyed the boat, I think it was sold for something like 4K to a kid that really wanted to fix it. The previous owner of my e-39 had owned both. He bought Yankee Girl specifically for some parts that she had.

The boat was really a total loss a fire hot enough to melt the mast, really didn't do the rest of the boat any favors.

Guy
:)

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks, Guy.

It's really hard to tell, from 6 feet below the deck, that it's in such bad shape. I seem to recall a hole in the mast. The port side is facing out - the starboard is against a shed. Maybe I'll get a picture or two next time I swing by.

Guy Stevens

If sundowner is a B, she is for sale

If sundowner is a B, she is for sale. She is a really nice boat on the inside.

Chris Harry currently owns her, and is selling her. He takes good care of his boats and is a good guy. (Small g) :)

Guy
:)