• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

craigslist E39

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Big Sigh

I am seeing this happen, increasingly, in the last year or so.
The boats are usually always very restorable, but the owner has overestimated the amount of time (money?) needed for it.

IMHO, time is usually the main shortage! (That, and money for slip rent in California).
Perhaps I am also reading my own geezery labor & skill inefficiences into other people's projects. :rolleyes:

To "Bring Back" a cruising yacht of around 20K displacement always takes a thouough understanding of Capt Dan's theory about ownership of sailboats, to the effect that you need Two out of Three of: 1) money, 2) skill, 3) time.

Hopefully that big ol' E-39 will find a person to finish the restoration.
:esad:
Much as I love the look of that model, I lack enough of each of the three requirements...
;)

LB

Last edited:

Walt Lawrence

Member I
At 11k this one might be worth it...

Fyi

I have been aboard this boat and a fellow I know had a surveyor look at her about a year ago, when the asking was 20k....

Like Loren says, if someone has 2 of the 3 requirements there is the potential to have a great boat...3 for 3 would be ideal....I do know that the diesel is new, and the rest is difficult, but at 10k or so it might be just the way to get a really super cruising hull...
IMHO:egrin:
Mail me back channel if you want to know more..

WEL

evm

Member II
jump on it

This sounds like a major score for someone. E39 are well found boats and are very nice to sail. And at $11k not much to go wrong....

Our own Guy sailed Pneuma and then there is Maverick to attest to the E39s capabilities.

I would jump on an E39 for this price - No, wait I don't need 2 of them!

--Ethan

Walt Lawrence

Member I
Just saying....

Ethan

I have the same situation...Hull # 28, Oh Yeah :egrin: a truly sweet sailing boat which does everthing well...of course I'm really convinced:)...

I just hope someone comes along to rescue this particular s/v from a tragic end...whichwould be a shame...

WEL

Walt Lawrence

Member I
Oops!!

Messed that up:confused:...Nice catch Loren, thank you...:).

Sometimes I just get ahead of myself; that was the mail link that I put up, and of course the boat owner doesn't have much computer access...LOL

WEL
s/v Oh Yeah E39 #28
SF Bay

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
The windows were glassed over. These were leakers and caused damage, also, the hull was weak in the area

What the hell? Let me get this straight, the ports are leaking so you
just glass over them? Guess that's one way to solve a leak!

Martin...shaking his head in amazement at what can happen to
perfectly fine boats after they leave the factory.