• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any of you on Facebook, Twitter?

glen_dc

Member II
it's really time consuming to check multiple sites daily and stay connected with people. I suggest an Ericson page on Facebook and follow each other on Twitter and make instructions to join sticky. What do you think?

Guy Stevens

No

The "social networking" scene is not something that I would get involved in. No interest. This board has reams of data available in past articles, documentation, and a number of people on it that really know these boats.

Sean has dumped way way more time into this that he should have, and it works wonderfully.

No interest in either facebook or twitter.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Wavy Gravy

Glen -Lets not over complicate a simple, pure site that we have. It might work other places, god please not here!!!! It is just about our love of sailing, with Ericson's bringing us together!!!

Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

WBurgner

Member III
No thanks

The site Sean has devoted himself to is my bedrock of technical information and advice and I would not want to dilute that in any way. The other tools such as Facebook would be useful to cruisers linking to friends and family, but when it comes to the boat I prefer the no nonsense (OK, maybe there is a little) approach we have here.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yet another no thank you.

Yet another no thank you.

I do enjoy My Space and have met at least 4 or 5 other Ericson owners around the world but we all go to EY.org for our real Ericson related questions. My Space has been strictly social. Isn't Face Book the same kind of thing?:confused:

Gary Peterson

Marine Guy
No-No-and-No

Not interested. This site is very well run and monitored and is plenty for me.

Gary Peterson
E381 QUIXOTIC

:egrin:

msFootrope

Not interested either

I just did a quick search on both Facebook and Twitter so I could give an informed opinion. I was immediately turned off by both because they require you to log in to even get a feel for what the site is like (at least MySpace lets you look around the site without creating a log-in). Based on that very limited experience alone, I vote no. I like this site and find it provides everything I need and more!!! Sean does a great job, as do the other moderators.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Just a thought

Facebook? Twitter? No offence, but I've never heard of them:confused:

As long as were on the Inter-personal-always-connected superhighway......

Is there any possibility of increasing the capacity of the PM files?:confused:

I've sent a number of responces to PM's that MAXed out and required alot of editing(after the fact).:mad:

We "could" dispense w/ some "thread" content chatter if the PM system was bigger...........Just a thought:rolleyes:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pm

Facebook? Twitter? No offence, but I've never heard of them:confused:
As long as were on the Inter-personal-always-connected superhighway......
Is there any possibility of increasing the capacity of the PM files?:confused:
I've sent a number of responces to PM's that MAXed out and required alot of editing(after the fact).:mad:
We "could" dispense w/ some "thread" content chatter if the PM system was bigger...........Just a thought:rolleyes:
Loren

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Too Many zeros and ones...

Steve,
Yup. I see your point, and have often waxed verbose in the PM mode and had to prune my deathless prose...
:rolleyes:
However, it just seems to me that the Private Message part of the site software package was never intended to replace the message software that we all have built in to our particular OS. It's probably intended for short on-the-fly comments back 'n' forth, with longer stuff being routed to direct messaging from our own desktops.
If I just cannot be concise enough, I send a short PM note with my revealed email addy and ask the other person to email me directly -- this seems to work every time.

YMMV. :)

Regards,
Loren

Guy Stevens

Pm Limits

The chatter back and forth on the boards is what is supposed to happen. Increasing the PM beyond people using them to exchange e-mail or exchange other contact information. The occasionaly questions that would be better answered without being in the public area are also a good use.

By chattering back and forth, we log not only finished data, but the sources of that data, and the process of the data generation.

Guy
:)

sleather

Sustaining Member
Ok

Like I said............just a thought(we need a "shruggy guy" emoticon)

Sometimes there are thoughts that need to be shared w/o embarrassing or confronting the poster.
Like Loren said I too can "wax verbosely";)

E-mail it is! I guess I'd better clean up my Inbox and create an EY.c folder. I was trying to use it as a "dedicated" site file.