• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Comcast Blacklisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Ok ... here we go....

Comcast has blacklisted our mail servers again - and I've applied for them to be removed from this list - again. For those of you using Comcast (includes me), please realize that your mail from the site is getting bounced right now....

I'll update you and let you know what's happening....

Thanks,
//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A couple of random observations --
I seem to remember setting my site choices to have an EY.org notice come to my email box (which happens to be via Comcast) each time someone posts to a thread that I have previously posted to. Some days this does generate a number of messages to me.
Also, for the last year, Comcast itself allows blasts of spam to come thru on a regular basis. It is usually fake college degrees, penny stock scams, and food/wine promotions. Why, I do not know.
Maybe those spammers are paying money under the table to Comcast...
:rolleyes:

Loren in PDX

ps: I shall change my notice choice in Thread Subscription Mode for a while and see if I miss the traffic!

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
The answer is simple

we should start offering phony degrees and worthless stock then the mail will get straight through:lol3:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Jan 5-9th Blacklisting

Ok - further on this:

After I posted that first message, Comcast de-blacklisted us. Then things were ok for a couple of weeks (1.5 weeks?).

Now, they've done it again - blacklisted us again - and I've applied to have them de-blacklist us - which they've done - however mail that has bounced off Comcast since the 5th of January is now bouncing (although some of it is going through).

My portfolio is due on Jan 15th - then that is done. I will do what I can with Comcast (they have a reputation for this sort of thing) to find a permanent solution for this - its really a pain in the ass.

//sse

Status
Not open for further replies.