• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

gauge panel

rhewitt

Member II
Hi Folks,

Has any one replaced their universal "gauge panel"?

On our "88 E 34 it has been glassed in the corners and now that has given away and cracked all across the bottom and it just hangs there.
To push the start buttons must lift the lazaret hatch and hold the back of buttons. While engine is being rebuilt it is a good time to do something about this too.

I was thinking about making one out of wood... we have some super good teak & other extic woods here in Nicaragua with good woodworkers too.

Any ideas other than replace with a Novatron panel?

Nica Ralph

Last edited:

Guy Stevens

You didn't say the gauges didn't work?

If the gauges work, why not carefully remove the gauges etc, and either cut it out of aluminum, or out of acrylic, and put it back together?

Guy
:)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might be outside the normal shipping reach for a piece of epoxy/cloth panel from: http://www.mcmaster.com/
Look under Plastics and then under fiberglass sheet, about 3/16 or 1/4 inch thick.
If not, these are one of my main sources for plastics.

Thinking quite a ways "outside the box"... if there if is a scrapped-out frp boat nearby, maybe you could find a flat panel of the right rough size and saw it out an thereby achieve the same new engine guage panel piece...
Or, maybe a salvaged flat piece off of a broken FRP shower stall, that some builder/remodeler threw out.
(...just a thought).

Loren

Last edited:

admirals barge

Member III
engine panel

ralph
the engine panel on dalliance e74 35II was coming apart. i made a new panel by gluing 2 pieces of 1/4"lexan with super glue. the back piece was clear and the front piece was black. i then measured and carefully drilled all the necessary holes with a hole saw from the front. after drilling the holes i removed the protective covering. while i was at it i modified the panel with some switches for the blower, running lights, spreader lights and mast head. i hope this helps

happy sailing

greg

dalliance 74 35II # 325
wilmington,ca