• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Old spinnaker pole

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I have the spinnaker pole, that came with my E32-3, off the boat and in storage at my business. It's been there for almost two years because I took it off since we fly an A-spinnaker and would never need it for that kind of sail. I'm even thinking about pulling the spinnaker deck mounts off too since people keep stubbing their toes on the darn things. Thought of using it as a "whisker pole" but it's just too big and heavy for that and I don't care to sail wing on wing too much so it's not worth it to carry it on board.

So now I'm not sure what to do with it. It looks like it has not been used in years but I suppose if someone wanted one they could refurbish it into working order. It's not bent or dinged in anyway, just stiff from non-use. It’s either that or a trip to the scrap yard with it. Is this thing worth anything to anyone?:confused:

I don't think people fly symmetrical spinnakers much anymore. Not me because you need a crew of at least three to do it and I single or sail with my better half most of the time.