• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-III tall rig

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I see 2 boats listed on YW that claim to have a tall rig. I have never seen any reference here or on any PHRF table that indicates the 35 ever came with a tall rig. Maybe an owner upgrade? Any ideas?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
'cause it sez so...

Note that broker ads always have a lot of ''boiler plate" explaining they are only stating what the owner told them and that they can take NO responsibility for the description.

Sometimes the owner's info is not factual -- mostly thru errors, one should charitably assume.

And, it might actually be a taller rig, either from the factory or something a PO did. Tape measure will tell the tale, along with many other bits of information that come out of a survey.

Best,
Loren

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Tall Rig

We looked at a lot of information when we bought our 35-3. I think 95%+ of the boats had the std/tall rig, but we think there was an option for a shorter mast. I don't recall where I collected that information from.

-Cory

Ray Rhode

Member III
Journey our E35-3 came from the factory with a shortened rig. The local dealer ordered that way is response to the low bridges here (Destin FL 48-49 ft). Based on the advertised dimensions and those I got from the sailmaker a couple of weeks ago Journey's rig is about 5 ft shorter than standard. I had assumed that they used the rig from the E32 but those dimensions do not match.

Ray Rhode
S/V Journey
E35-III, #189