• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Rub Rail

mikeduffy

I am considerin purchasing an Ericson 27
but the rub rail looks very dried out
The boat has been in storage for several years

Anyone know of a replacement what elese should I
look out for. it is an A4 Wheel model

Thanks
Mike

Desiderata

Member II
We replaced out '79 E-27's rubrail last month. It had a gray hard plastic rail with a white rubber insert. We looked for quite a while before finding a match from a company called Wefco, www.wefcorubber.com (818) 886-8872. The estetics were identical, but the gray rail was very rubbery compared to the original. good luck.

Mike

JMS

Member II
The Ericson style Wefco rail extrusion is p/n 422G and the rubber insert is p/n 788.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Rub Rail

I replaced my rub rail at great expense because of how much the original material was chalking and cracking but two years later it really did not look much better than the original did. I have tried Armor All, waxing, etc. but it still is not very UV stable. Good luck.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Any idea what the pricing is on the insert and extrusion materials by the foot from Wefco? I did not see any pricing on their site but I guess I could call.

JMS

Member II
Any idea what the pricing is on the insert and extrusion materials by the foot from Wefco? I did not see any pricing on their site but I guess I could call.

Off the top of my head, it seems like the extrusion was about $4/ft. and the insert was around $3/ft.

Attachments

• Extrusion.jpg
    Extrusion.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 699
  • Insert.jpg
    Insert.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 620

paul culver

Member III
Here is an old post from Ray Hughes you might be interested in:

An alternative to replacing the rubrails may be to use a product called "Vinylon." It is designed to adhere to flexible poly-synthetics and rubber, such as marker buoys. I bought a quart of this stuff from Seattle Marine for about $18.00. Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. A lot more cost effective than replacing the rubrails. Good luck with your project. --Ray Hughes, 1971 E-29 "Capricious."

I've seen this on Ray's boat and it looks good. I'll be doing the same when I get a chance.

--Paul
E29 "Bear"

Emerald

Hi Paul,

I was actually trying to track down the information on Vinylon, and was having a bear of a time, and thanks to your post, I found it at last. Of all places, it's in the "crab" section of their website. Here's the link for ease for anyone else interested - it's a click or so down the page:

http://www.seamar.com/crab.html