• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-38 Spin Pole & Chute

Ericsean

Member III
Wanted: Spinnaker Pole & or 3/4 ounce spinnaker for 1980 Ericson 38.

Please contact Kevin Padden, paddenpe@aol.com, or cell 631-241-0482.

Preferably North East for the pole.

Anxious to race with a spin!

Ericsean

Member III
Spin Pole

Thanks Roger, I appreciate you looking out for me.

Beleive it or not, I saw that E-Bay post this morning as well. ( I set up an E-Bay Search for Spinnaker, so I get a listing every day.) Since that pole is a little long, it might match the chute I'm thinking about buying from one of the used lofts. It has a girth of 32' though & I'm starting to feel guilty about the extra 2'. Although to be honest, since I sail in a high wind area, I don't want to overpower the boat.

I had already given up, & ordered the parts to build my own pole. I found a local suppiler to get the pole 3.5", 16', aLUM 1/8" wall 6061, for only 175. Then I got West to match Pyachts price for forespar end fittings.

By the time I'm done, should have a brand new pole for under $600.

Roger Ware

Member III
expensive

I also thought that for a non-carbon pole the Ebay one seemed expensive. I did price poles out a while back and thought you could buy a metal pole for about $800 new, and a carbon one for about twice that. And then as you suggest, you can make one for less.

I decided to stick with my asymmetric. Couldn't face the thought of rigging a topping lift and downhaul.

Cheers, Roger