• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

HELP: Proper prop size need for E-27 w/Yanmar 2GM20

I have an E-27 with a Yanmar 2GM20F with a 12-12 prop. This prop is not the right pitch/size as it bites too hard and doesn't let the engine gain the RPM it needs to run properly. Because the prop bites so hard, it makes the stern "squat" probably about 10-12 inches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Jim,

While I can't help help you with the prop pitch I would sure like to see pictures of your 2GM20F installation. How does it fit?

Mark,

The 2GM20 fits fine. A little cramped but I've been able to get to all the parts. I bought the Yanmar already in the boat. If I had it put one in I would have gone to a lessor horse power; something on the size of a 10 or 12. I think the 20 horse (actually 18 at the shaft) is over powering. They are OUTSTANDING engines. Lasts forever when taken care of and runs great.
I'm leaving tomorrow to deliver a 48 foot ketch to northern British Columbia Canada and will be getting back next weekend. If you want, I'll take some pics of the Yanmar and e-mail them to you. Send your address to me at jmaji@comcast.net.
PS
I think I've found the right prop for this Yanmar. Two shops have recommended the 13-10. With that, should get my 3600 RPM. We'll see.

Last edited: