• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need E35-2 Advice...

Lluberas

I am considering buying an Ericson 35. I have sailed most of my life but never owned a boat. I'd like comments, good, bad or indifferent on an Ericson 35 with a keel laid in the late 70s. Is there anything I need to look for that has been an issue on other boats and I need to consider before signing a check?

ChrisS

Member III
I don't know if you are looking at a specific boat or just the design, but I picked up my 32 one year ago, and it helped me to look at several boats of the same design (and other designs too). My boat surveyed pretty well, even though it needed a repair and some upgrades, but what pushed me to buy it was that it was the cleanest looking and best kept 32 in my area. Also, the PO was a really capable guy who had put many hours rebuilding the boat's systems. But I was glad that I looked at as many boats as possible, and keep in mind that you really can't get a sense of other boats by looking at photos on the Net--it's essential to see them in person. Unless the boat is bristol, you should be able to knock the price down after surveying.

There's a writeup on the E-35 in "Forty Great Used Boats" that gives you an idea of things to look for. The 35 is a great looking boat, and the 35 owners at my marina can't speak highly enough of theirs.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I moved and (and re-titled) your thread due to it's content - so you would get a better response...

It sounds like you're referring to an E35-2 - so do a search (up above) on "E35-2" and you'll find many threads relating to issues, current projects, etc. There are many E35-2 owners on this site, and you'll learn a great deal, etc.

Also look at the E35-2 review and the owners manual, both located in the documents section of this site...

//sse