• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2007 R.V is Pt. Townsend June IS ON! Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Elliott

Member III
NW Rendezvous

Grandson's HS graduation has been postponed from June 16 to sometime in August, so we will be there afterall. Slip#24.
Dick & Karen Elliott
E34 Chandelle

hodo

Member III
I'm heading to Spokane this weekend,to pick up the apple pies. Apparently they are "baked" Harold

hodo

Member III
P T Rendezvous

Hi E boaters, we got the "apple pies", so we are good to go to P.T..I am trying to convince a couple other E boats to show up, one of which has just acquired a 30+. If you guys and gals remember the GREAT chocolate that Jessie brought last year, this is the guy that is responsible. Hope we can get some more donated, if you liked it. Well, did ya? We are going to Kingston again the weekend before PT, and just have no plan what to do between the two weekends, and we are going to stick to it. Maybe,well, who knows... Is anyone else going to be in the area? See you there, and may you all "Reach" your summer destinations.
Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

Diligence

I won't be able to sail up, but I'll drive up to visit. I'll reserve a slip anyway if that will help the cause. Let me know if it will.

Rick
E32-2 "Diligence"

Tom Plummer

Member III
As some of you might know from my posts elsewhere on the list my fuel tank sprung a leak and had to be replaced. Thursday the shop making the new tank for me informed me that the tank would not be ready on Friday as promised. In fact the tank will not be ready until the 25th of June. :mad:

This has forced me to release my slip, #22 if your interested in grabbing it.:boohoo:

I have instead booked RV slip #322 for the weekend so will still be able to attend.:)

:egrin:I will be bringing some Ericson hats with horns that my sister-in-law made. Wait until you see them, she even filled the horns with a flotation material so they won't sink.:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
As some of you might know from my posts elsewhere on the list my fuel tank sprung a leak and had to be replaced. Thursday the shop making the new tank for me informed me that the tank would not be ready on Friday as promised. In fact the tank will not be ready until the 25th of June. :mad:
This has forced me to release my slip, #22 if your interested in grabbing it.
<snip>
:boohoo:

Hi Tom,
Sorry to hear about your vendor delay.
Is this the vendor making your new tank?
http://www.coastline-tanks.com/
I have not tried them but a local builder uses them for all their tank work and sez their quality is very good. I called them a while back and they said they were at least a month out on any work this summer.
Loren in PDX

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
See you guys in Port Townsend... I'll be up there around noon on Saturday, and will be staying over Saturday night...

Have a safe trip!

//sse

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Thanks to everyone who came to Port Townsend (16 boats, one flyer - Glyn - plus many drivers, including me...). It was good to see everyone, and we had a great time.

:egrin:

I came down by the dock this morning, but it was raining, and I think most of you were still asleep - so I headed for home - just in time for yardwork (dry but cloudy in Seattle - never hit 60 today...)!

I'll be posting some pictures in the new Ericson Northwest regional pages very soon - if you have images you think we would like, please email them to me....

Thanks again,
//sse

wurzner

Member III
I had a blast...aside from breaking down on the way home! As I was approaching the west side of possession point, my engine died. After some troubleshooting, I dianosed the issue.

It was a lot of fun and I look forward to next years event. For those who didn't attend, they turned the power on the day of the first arrivals and didn't have water at the dock yet (kind of that new car smell for a marina).
We had a great pot luck which featured plenty of food and all in all, was a great time. The marina room that port hudson marina allowed us to use was a huge benefit that certainly added to the events success. The only rain I experianced was Saturday night/Sunday morning where it really poured. I did the ride up and back by myself so it was nice to put 80 miles under the keel by myself. I know that my boat Sorcerer has special powers. Despite covering about 270 degrees of the compass, I found the wind on my nose the who way compliments of the convergence zone! (Why is it never down wind the whole way home???)

Thanks and I look forward to getting together with you folks over the summer sometime.
Cheers
Shaun

CaptDan

Member III
Thanks to everyone who came to Port Townsend (16 boats, one flyer - Glyn - plus many drivers, including me...). It was good to see everyone, and we had a great time.

Thanks again,
//sse

Nice to meetcha face to face - finally - Sean. And yes - you're gonna getchur self over to L. Washington for a daysail or else.:egrin:

Had a great sail on Dick's E39 too.:egrin: (Look forward to seeing the pix).

Really glad I could attend and see some familiar faces again ... Craig, Ellen, Loren, Kathy, Glyn..etc, etc. and drink some Apple Pie (besides being able to cop some for the wine rack.:)) Is it any wonder why Harold 'n Jessie's E38's named Mischief Maker?;)

Congrats to the couple on their new E41 - a real beauty (unlike my memory for names, I apologize.:confused:)

Good on all yez Vikings who sailed up - unlike moi who opted for land yacht.:oops:

A big thumbs up to Shawn for putting up with the headaches to make the event happen.

My thanks as well.:egrin:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

msFootrope

We Had A Great Time!!!

I just wanted to say what a great time we had this weekend at the Rendezvous and Craig and I are already looking forward to next year's gathering of the Vikings. Like Shaun, I hope that we can manage to meet up with some of you this summer for some raft-ups. Craig and I have not made our summer cruising plans yet and we may have to forego our usual two-week trip in favor of more weekend cruising and daysails with a possible one-week trip in there somewhere. Regardless, we hope to be able to arrange to meet up with some of you along the way.

Our trip home went smoothly, but the tachometer problem we noted during the sail-by on Saturday turned into a real problem on the way home - we were seeing engine "readings" of 3000+ rpm - probably a loose wire in there somewhere as the engine was running normally. I'm sure Craig will have it fixed before the week is out (now the pressure is on and he'll have to make good on my assurances :p).

Thanks to all who gave us tours of their boats. It's always interesting to see how other people manage to store everything in their limited space. With any luck, some day we'll be as organized as many of you are. But it's reassuring to see the aft berth is often used like we use ours - for storage!!

Until next time, we'll see you on the website!! I'll have some pictures of the rendezvous to share soon.

hodo

Member III
P.t.

Well, that was fun! Thanks to Shaun for his efforts to see that the rendezvous was a sucess. Also to Pt. Hudson for their efforts. I agree, its about the people! Great potluck, good conversation. WOW, was that 41' a pretty girl or what! I enjoyed the chance to take Dick and Carols 39 out with a crew and see how she went. solid and fast. Now back to reality after a week off. We spent Sunday night on the boat as we got in about 9:00. were woken up by loud propeller noise and a solidcrash from a neighbor on his power boat, trying to move out in a 10 knt side wind, towing a 16' power dinghy. Hit us hard on the stern, glad ericson makes a solid boat! some gelcoat split off, nothing too bad. At least he came over to asses the damage and apologize for his inabilty to control his fleet. Other than that, we had a great time. Thanks everyone, Harold & Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Good time again

To all,

I'd just like to echo Ellen's note. It was great visiting with everyone, many the second time around. I think I had a more relaxed Rendezvous this year and Saturday went much "slower" this time. Fun visit and sail-by with Loren and Kathy (Cathy?) Beach - ideal winds for a relaxing prelude to the very enjoyable potluck. We enjoyed our visits on Astrea (E-41) and with Dick & Carol & their Arkansas visitor on their roomy E-39. I think those were the only two boats I got aboard this this year. It was good to reconnect with Sean Engle, Harold & Jessie, Capt. Dan of Kunu, Dick Stiers, and Dick & Karen Elliott.

Thank you, Shaun Wurzner for a very good job corralling the information on the marina status and encouraging everyone to attend. The marina and the weather uncertainty worked against attendance this year. Remembering to bring the Odorlos along was great - door prizes almost all of us can use. (The weather forecast for the strait was accurate - I listened to the wind reports - and the winds were high quite a bit of the time. We've been out there in 20-30 knots and the ride is rough with the beam waves and swells.)

We had a good turnout and we really appreciated seeing so many boats and attendees via other means. I had a chance to meet Glyn and Frank, Gary S (Independence 31), Steve (Bachelors Wife), and a couple others I can't recall this morning. I hope we got a list of the boats and crew, so we can post it and fill in these people blanks.

Thanks to Sean Engle for finding the time to keep this site running, despite your family, school and home maintenance activities. We missed seeing Meeta this year.

And finally, thanks to Rhonda and the folks at Point Hudson Marina for managing to get the facility back into shape for boaters to enjoy. The renovation of the guest dock and shoreside facilities assure us that we'll be able to return there over and over again.

We will look forward to seeing some of you this summer on our weekend trips, or by other arrangement!

Best,

Last edited:

rudy

Member II
How was the rendezvous???

Wasn't able to attend and am interested in hearing about the rendevous.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
It was a Grand Event

Rudy,

The rendezvous started Friday, June 15th, with many of the boats arriving throughout the day. I counted 13 boats this year, but I have also heard 16 as a grand total. Lengths from 27 to 41 feet were represented. Several owners appeared without boats or on friends boats. This year there was great suspense, created by one past event, The Weather, and by an educated guess, the Weather Forecast.

The Weather occurred last year by way of a winter storm that destroyed the guest docks at our favorite US venue, Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend, Washington. The repairs were coming along but the Port of Port Townsend would not commit to opening for Father's Day weekend until very late in all our planning timelines. This caused us all some headaches or heartache depending on how hard we were working on or looking forward to the event. The Marina did open right on time - Friday - and we got word that the power was available at 6 pm. There was no water for the weekend.

The Weather Forecast for the Father's Day weekend was not cruiser friendly - high winds predicted for the Strait of Juan de Fuca. And the forecast came true, pretty much. I listened to the wind reports on the weather frequencies and it was boisterous out there.

We had two events on Saturday, loosely organized (as per the Viking tradition - think Hagar the Horrible), but were successful. About 1:30 pm we had 6 boats go out for the sail-by of Port Townsend. There wasn't much wind at the beginning, about 5 knots, and by 3:00 or 3:30 it was up in the 10-13 knot range. Perfect timing.

The second event was the Potluck dinner in the Marina Room. We had around 35 people, including some viking recruits from non-Ericson boats who were lucky enough to be mixed up with us. This was fun, informative, and filling. Speakers were Shaun Wurzner and Sean Engle. Shaun Wurzner was this year's organizer and and the owner of an E38. He did a great job under trying circumstances. Passing out the Ordorlos waste tank treatment as party favors for everyone was inspired. Sean Engle is the owner of this website and has been doing yeoman service keeping our virtual meeting place moving forward. The group had a chance to give them both some good feedback, not to mention our gratitude for their caring and hard work.

After the clink of cutlery and smashing of glass quieted down, we had a "business interlude" before the serious desserts came out. We discussed ideas for improving the Rendezvous, with the venue, dates and potential events as topics. I hope someone wrote them down (scheduling a Boat Open House time is one I recall). We discussed the website, and Sean teased us a little with an update on the newly organized version of the website that he's preparing. We already have a new Forum called Lifestyle, that grew from that discussion and further online debate. Finally the 'Apple Pie' and chocolate came out, courtesy of Harold and Jessie, and the pandemonium resumed.

I was just kidding about the smashing of glass. There wasn't any mock combat this year either, no one brought any swords. But Tom Plummer and his wife brought the plush Viking hats and we bought one. Very sporty.

The remainder of Saturday evening was devoted to visiting boats. Always fun to get ideas from folks you visit or from those you invite aboard. Sunday morning, after a wet night, we awoke to partly cloudy skies and resumed the visiting and the boats started to depart. Checkout time was noon, and we left ourselves shortly afterward.

That is my recollection of the 2007 Rendezvous. Well worth 14 hours of motoring for us. We're sorry you couldn't make it this year. Someone will be opening the discussion of the 2008 event after the summer is over. We still have to decide on dates and a Canadian location. I believe both are up for discussion, so be sure to let us know what you think.

Best regards,

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Craig and Ellen, Thanks again for taking us out for a sail!
We enjoyed the boat visits, the pot luck, and of course the apple pie... :)
Here is a pic of a new A Sail flying on another Ericson. Rez is low due to being a ways away...

Best,
Loren and Kathy

Attachments

• lorez-A-sail.jpg
    lorez-A-sail.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 60

P. O'BRYANT

Asym picture

:egrin:
Thanks Loren, a nice picture of a great looking Asym.. That's me on the foredeck and you won't see my 260lbs on the foredeck very often, but what a good time on the rendezvous. Thanks to all, especially to Sean and Shawn. My wife and I are looking forward to next year.

Thanks, Pat & Fran
Ericson 32-2
Cepheron

CaptDan

Member III
That is simply one FINE looking Asym!::)

Now - I KNOW I've seen that logo SOMEWHERE before!:rolleyes:

Great shot, Loren! Enjoy the sail, Pat!

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Status
Not open for further replies.