• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2007 R.V is Pt. Townsend June IS ON! Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurzner

Member III
2007 R.V in Pt. Townsend June 15-17 IS ON! Please Read

Port Townsend will be where the event is being held. They will turn on their computer systems Friday or Monday, but it is confirmed as "GO". They are requesting that each reserved slip deposit a non refundable $7 charge. I if each person could reserve their own slip and while not preferred, said they could do that to avoid the 7 dollar fee. I will likely reserve an additional few slips and put up the money myself in the event a few folks join later on, but would appreciate it if the confirmed folks could do it direct to minimize the financial exposure.

At this time, it only looks like 9 boats plus few more from my Marina if I can get them to confirm. It would be nice to get to about 20 boats if possible.

regards
shaun

Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
Sorry, I was elated with the good news despite the lower turn out this year. I really like Pt Townsend and look forward to it for this years event. Next year date and location will likely change to increase participation, but I like the idea of Victoria and had them lined up as a contingency plan along with Port Ludlow.

Contact info is below.

Chris or Ronda

103 Hudson Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Mailing address:
P.O. Box 1180
Port Townsend, WA 98368

http://www.portofpt.com/point_hudson.htm

wurzner

Member III
No One Has Reserved a Slip????

Hi,

I just called the port and it looks like no one has reserved a slilp. I plan on blocking out, but REALLY need the folks ( I believe there are at least 8 boats) who plan on attending to reserve their spots. There are 2 boats in my marina who are interested as well, plus I'm sure a few more will make it as well which would put us at about 20 boats.

Can you please email me if any of your plans have changed. We are at risk of losing the reservation...I need to give them a head count by tommorow!

thanks
shaun

CaptDan

Member III
Hi,

I just called the port and it looks like no one has reserved a slilp. I plan on blocking out, but REALLY need the folks ( I believe there are at least 8 boats) who plan on attending to reserve their spots. There are 2 boats in my marina who are interested as well, plus I'm sure a few more will make it as well which would put us at about 20 boats.

Can you please email me if any of your plans have changed. We are at risk of losing the reservation...I need to give them a head count by tommorow!

thanks
shaun

Hey Shaun,

Just got the news. Still undecided whether I'll be sailing or driving up (would MUCH rather sail but I'm in a scheduling dilemma).

I'm willing to shoot craps and reserve a slip; soonest I'll be able to call the marina is Wednesday. I can send them - or you - the funds. Please advise.

Thanks. Look forward to seeing you again.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
They just assigned us to the slip next to Harold & Jessie....
:rolleyes:

40 foot slip @ $40./night, in case anyone is curious.
(For comparison, last year the slip cost for us at Sidney BC would have been $55. CN, if we had taken our boat there. I must be getting old -- "sticker shock" is becoming a regular occurance.)

Loren in PDX
S/V Fresh Air

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
So - I take it that Rhonda is ok now - that we're set for June... How many slips have been set aside for us (10? 15?)

//sse

Dick Stivers

Bright Angel to 07 PT Rendezvous

Shaun, just tapped into the Ericson NW web site and noted the June 07 rendezvous announcement. Bright Angel is up there now having mast refurbished, new standing rigging by Brion Toss. I'll be there this Friday to check up on her and will make my reservation.

Dick Stivers ~~ _/) ~~

wurzner

Member III
I believe I'm in 23. I told them that I would expect ~20 boats since I haven't had a formal announcement in 48 north ( I will for May and June) and 8 signed up on the list plus the 3 additional I meet from the port of Everett. If we hit 20, that is a good event since it seems a lot of the folks north of the boarder (hey, I'm a Quebecer) don't want to wonder down to PT! To be more to the point, with the exception of Mike G who did our graphics last year (thank you Mike, they were great!), not one participant from Canada has signed up.

As we use to day in Quebec, comma ca peux etre or more slang, comma ca's peux spelled phonetically meaning what the heck is up with the boats north of the border (maybe they found out I'm from Quebec!).

At any rate, I 'm trying to have Rhonda hang on to 20 slips including the ones we have already reserved. It will be a new facility and a great one at that...lets get some action going!

regards
shaun

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sea, Land, and Air.....

I believe I'm in 23. I told them that I would expect ~20 boats since I haven't had a formal announcement in 48 north ( I will for May and June) and 8 signed up on the list plus the 3 additional I meet from the port of Everett. If we hit 20, that is a good event since it seems a lot of the folks north of the boarder (hey, I'm a Quebecer) don't want to wonder down to PT! To be more to the point, with the exception of Mike G who did our graphics last year (thank you Mike, they were great!), not one participant from Canada has signed up.
<snip>
regards
shaun

Looking at it another way, last year there were four families attending by car and two by plane, from the US. No slips were rented to these, of course. Still, it is an easy car/ferry trip for BC Ericson owners, and I would expect quite a few to show up.
Lots of Hotels and Motels nearby in historic/scenic Port Townsend to chose from... :)

Having said that, I do look for more Canadian boats to help populate "Viking Row" at the brand new marina docks.

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
Things are Shaping Up!

By the looks of things, we have about 12 confirmed boats at this point. A little visibility in 48north should get us to the ~20 boats range. That is enough for a good time!

See you there!
Shaun

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
Yet again, I will have to miss it. That weekend is the start of the Van Isle. There are a couple of Ericson's in the yard right now, so I will pass the information on to those owners.

wurzner

Member III
No Canadian Participation????

I was looking at who has signed up and not one person from north of the border has signed up? CAn any of the folks up north pipe in to say if they will be attending or should I take this as they will not? Mike was the only person who responded that he couldn't make it and I'm really surprised about that.

Does anyone have the list of the boats from last year. If the majority of the boats are from WA, maybe we should revisit moving it north of the border every other year if there are few Ericson owners in BC who are still active. I don't recall who was from BC aside from Stuart and Mike at last years event.

Comments?

Shaun

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Breathe In, Breathe Out...

Very Old joke: "One vulture sez to another, 'Patience my ass, I'm gonna go kill something!"
;)
OK OK, lame attempt at humor. Still, it's two whole months until the big weekend. Most people, especially those not yet retired like some of us, have busy lives with lots of pressure for every "leisure" hour they can find.

Problem here is that the host moorage needs reservations in advance because they are under pressure from lots of other boaters. At some point, you just have to look over your efforts to notify Ericson owners and see that (as they say in the legal biz) you have done as much or more than would a Reasonable and Prudent Person.

Stuart did a lot of prep for this same event last year, and yet this year he is unable to attend due to moving. "Stuff Happens," in everyone's life.

I have personally forwarded this thread to other Ericson and Olson owners that I know of around the NW. I bet that others have done something similar. Do not take the silence you hear... as a personal affront. It is not!

I have, over the years, run races, regattas, organized cruises, and helmed a good-sized YC for a year... I finally had to learn the lesson that all rewards are, ultimately, internal...
:rolleyes:

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On...

Best Fishes,
Loren in PDX
:cheers: