• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: Autohelm

Bob Robertson

Member III
Autohelm ST4000 wheel pilot

Hi,

I have an Autohelm ST4000 wheel pilot that I just replaced. If you have an interest, please contact me offline.

Enjoy,
Bob

Last edited:

P Abele

Member II
I have an Autohelm ST 4000 on which the compass acts up maybe 20% of the time and goes crazy hunting around for a heading - as can be seem in the LCD display. Of course the unit cannot steer the boat when this is happening so I would like to replace it, but Raymarine appears to have just discontinued all of their wheel steering models!!! It looks like the only way to replace it is with a below deck hayraulic unit which I don't want to deal with. Any ideas on where I might find a replacement unit?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Raymarine replaced their older wheel pilot (which they acquired from the AutoHelm takeover) with a new model recently, the S1.
Here is a link:
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/ProductDetail.asp?site=1&section=2&page=88&product_id=3686

I would check with Raymarine for parts and service info or with one of their servicing dealers. I would not expect much joy from typical retail outlets that just sell boxes... More's the pity, since that's what We$t Marine has devolved into around here.
Our fair city has a full service independant marine electronics shop; perhaps there is one near you (?).

Best of luck,

Loren in PDX
(A4000S on an Olson 34)