• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Nice Sails for Sale

zephyrus

:boohoo: Unfortunately, I lost my Ericson 35 MkIII in a storm Labor Day weekend, she went up on the rocks and was a total loss(thank God for Boat US Insurance). However, I was able to save 2 beautiful Halsey Kevlar mains (one main is set up for Dutchman furling, a wonderful thing), a Halsey Kevlar #1 genoa in very good condition, a barely used UK dacron #3 genoa and a red/white/blue tri-radial spinnaker that I have no use for and am willing to sell a very fair price. The Kevlar sails are beautiful, half the weight of dacron and twice as strong. I have photos if anyone is interested.

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Perhaps!

I am interested. I have a 1978 34T, and I'm thinking we may have similar measurements -- what are yours? At the very least, I'm thinking I could use the spinnaker. Pics?

I'm having the boat measured for new sails Friday morning, so I'd love to learn more about your stuff before I start paying deposits.

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

-mark

chrism

Inactive Member
Sorry to hear about your boat. Glad to hear about your insurance. All of us here would be ecstatic to see you sign over that Boat US check to someone selling an Ericson.... We don't like seeing the boats perish, but it's even worse to lose a comrade.

However, I am interested in your mainsails. If you'd like to post a bit about them here, that would be fine, otherwise feel free to email me.

Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My sympathies also.
Perchance, might you have the measurements of that #3 genoa?
I have been hankerin' for a jib that size, if it were set up for use on a Harken furler.
Thanks,
Loren

zephyrus

I'm not sure of the measurements, but I can measure over the weekend. I am sure they're very close and if they're larger than yours, you can get them cut to the propoer size for little $$. You can save big dollars and these sails are in great shape. I am having a little trouble attaching the pictures but I'll try again.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Boy, I would love to get one of those mains but Kevlar is not legal in my racing class. Don't have any mylar or dacron mains do you? I am also in the market for a good dacron 150% genny.

zephyrus

Here are some Pictures

I have attached pictures of one of the kevlar mains (they look about the same) the dacron #3 and the spin. The #1 kevlar genny looks the same as the mains - if you want to see it, I'll send that photo to whomever wants to see it.

Attachments

• PICT0712.jpg
    PICT0712.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0718.jpg
    PICT0718.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0719.jpg
    PICT0719.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 64

chrism

Inactive Member
Would you be willing to make a note about pricing? If you're looking for offers, the purchase price may be nice to base it on...

Chris

zephyrus

Date on photos

I just noticed that the date on the photos I posted was 1-2001. The photos were taken this September - you'll notice that my 2006 red Jeep is in the backround and the the leaves are on the trees and the grass is green - something you don't see in NY in January! Just wanted to clarify, obvoiusly my cameras' date needs to be reset.

zephyrus

Sail Measurements

I have measured the sails. The "light" kevlar main has 37' 9" luff, 11'9" foot. The "heavy" kevlar main has 38' luff, 11' 9" foot. The #1 kevlar genoa has 43' 8" luff, 22' 5" foot. The #3 dacron genoa has 42' 10" luff, 17' 10" foot.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
light Kevlar main

I am intersted in on or the other mainsails my Phone # collect is 250 478 3669
please don"t be shy phone me.... Where are you and how do we go about doing this?:egrin:

Charlie EDEN E 30+

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Light Kevlar Main

I just noticed that the date on the photos I posted was 1-2001. The photos were taken this September - you'll notice that my 2006 red Jeep is in the backround and the the leaves are on the trees and the grass is green - something you don't see in NY in January! Just wanted to clarify, obvoiusly my cameras' date needs to be reset.

SOrry to hear about your loss' terrible thing
Please phone me collect 250-478-3669 I would like a quote . I am in Canada
Victoria B.C. your measurments are good . My P+38'6" E= 12'10" :0305_alar

Charlie Pash EDEN E 30+

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
#3 genny

Thanks for the measurements.
I will check on the length of our Harken headfoil next time I get to the boat, on Tuesday. I am interested in the #3. (Having only one 135% genoa, our "inventory" is very limited!)
Have you arrived at a price for this one?
Best,
Loren in PDX