• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

150% Genoa from E38 For Sale

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I have a Doyle 150% roller furling Genoa from my '83 E381. Boat has the 45ft mast, IIRC? Genoa is 2-3 years old, purchased by previous owner, has a fairly high clew for decent visibility. The 150% is simply too much sail for most of the sailing we do here in RI. The leech line cover at the clew has some slight damage from dragging over the shrouds when tacking otherwise the sail appears to be in pretty decent shape. Works best in 12kts and less. I have no idea what to ask for it so if anyone has a clue what its worth please chime in. Lastly, if you need pics, etc. I think I can find a few under sail and also I could drag it up to the local YMCA, stretch it out on the basketball court and snap some pics. Thanks, RT

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I would love to see a pic, and also know the dimensions. I'm in the process of measuring for a new genoa for my E/34T. I have a tall rig, so I'm thinking it might work.

I'm assuming cross-cut dacron? Sunbrella on the leech and foot? Luff foam?

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Mark,
My wife dropped the sails off at the sail loft today for cleaning/winter storage. They are going to repair the leech line cover area on the 150 but I told them to hold off on cleaning it. Crosscut dacron. No Sunbrella, white dacron sacrificial sun cover on leech and foot. IIRC yes it has foam luff. I will call the sail loft tomorrow and see if I can get them to measure it for me. They will certainly know better than I what measurements are needed and actually get them correct.... Will also see if I can get pics while they have it out. Thanks, RT

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Too big for a 34T

Hate to say it,but I think this sail is a bit too big for the 34T..could be recut, but I would keep looking..
S

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Thanks, Seth.

I've been waiting for quotes from Quantum for about a week. At this rate, I'm wondering if they could even deliver a new sail within 6 months. Is this typical?

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Genoa spec's update!

I was able to get the dimensions of the 150% Genoa I have for sale. The sailmaker provided them. They did not make this sail but commented that it is in very good condition. The repair of the leech line cover was very minor and has been completed. Sail is ready for "sale".

Dimensions as given with sail pulled out taught but not stretched. Sailmaker commented that luff measurement on boat that this sail would be installed on should be approx. 4"-5" longer than given dimension to allow for stretch:

Luff = 45'
Leech = 43.1'
Foot = 23.1'
LP = 22.25'

Thanks, RT