• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A 30+ tall rig??

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Does anyone know if Ericson made a 30+ with a tall rig, in addition to the normal mast height? If so, how much taller was it, and were there any other changes made to that model, different from the regular Ericson 30+.
Thanks for any information.
Frank.

therapidone

Member III
Seth says...

Greetings Frank,

In the thread that you started within this forum in which you asked how many E/30+'s were built, I believe Seth mentioned that there was no tall rig option on this model...just the regular and shoal drafts were options. If my memory serves me correclty, he also mentions some modifications made to the model (e.g., moving the traveler car and track from the bridge deck to the cabin top, a smaller diesel engine when Universal made a change, and some cosmetic mods inside regarding cushion color scheme and the steps/ladder leading down below from the companionway.

Check that thread & I believe you'll find the above info...Seth worked at the "factory" for awhile while they were building the E/30+ among other models.

Regards,

Ed:egrin:

CaptnNero

Accelerant
mauri pro sailing

Frank Langer said:
Does anyone know if Ericson made a 30+ with a tall rig, in addition to the normal mast height? If so, how much taller was it, and were there any other changes made to that model, different from the regular Ericson 30+.
Thanks for any information.
Frank.

Frank, try http://www.mauriprosailing.com/techinfo/boatspecs/Rig E.htm

There are a few 30 plus models there but they have the same heights.

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks, guys. I'll follow up as you suggest. I had forgotten about the earlier thread and Seth's reply (my kids are giving me "grief" about my memory ever since I turned 55 yrs!).
Frank.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Not only that...

The 30+ was never short on horsepower-a taller rig would be a bit mch for most cruisers1